No announcement yet.

200 HPDIs 2003 - Won't pee connected to flush out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Boscoes earlier post, run the engine in the water and remove the hose, is the best at this point in time.

Water should come out there, I'd start there, and move on if possible...

There's crap in there somewhere, just gotta find it and blow it out.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

A stuck open pressure relief valve will show the same problem, on a f250 anyway, it will run fine and pee just fine in the water but connected to the flushing port it would not pee, I just went through this with my twins, I replaced the pressure relief valve and now it pees when connected to the flush port just like the other motor,

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        You are welcome.

Like so many you want a silver bullet thrown your way.

May I make one final suggestion. That you take your boat and motors to a Yamaha mechanic who can trouble shoot and perform a fix for you.

I try to help those that I can. Some can follow directions and are willing to get their hands dirty. For those that can't, there are trained Yamaha mechanics available.

There is no shame in not being able to fix ones motor.
        You are an *******. I don't want a silver bullet. I thought the reason for these forums is to ask questions. I would gladly queue it up form my Yamaha mechanic but that means a month out of service right now. Why don't you just do your best to answer questions and stop making judgments. I will join a forum that has some real moderators.

Comment

sounds like someone got their ------s in a wad,
          I am sure we all will miss you if you leave.

seems some people cannot take free advice very well

Comment

You have to take the good with the bad, or go some where else and ask for help!

Comment

Hello, I joined this forum to pick the brains of people who know more about a subject then i do at the moment. I just bought an older boat with a Yamaha 2002 150 v6 outboard. When i tried to flush it would not pee thru the tell tale but would in the water. I wasn’t sure if normal or not. But this post i believe confirms to me it has an issue. It is time to get into the engine and figure it out after i replace the obvious things. Impeller, pump and check all house lines and passages. But one thing is for sure, thanks for all the posts. This is an old post but the issues are never ending. Again thanks for the post.

Comment

Boscoe is correct. IMO
                As a master tech, I make a living repairing and trouble shooting many systems on a boat. Why in the hell should I tell you (U with a additude) what, when, how to fix YOUR problem. I have learned after 40 yrs in the biz that most FOOLs think they can fix their outboard. Tell you what...... That 727 your flying to D.C. mechanic watches U tube for Jet repair vids and doing blogs for info.. if it was that SIMPLE,, I'd be out of a job. Get a grip!! There is very few Tech's in this biz that have a clue
                I can't find any great possible Tech's to train.. the bigger the sign out front,, the worst service. In most cases. Myself CK this site once in a while,, not to find answers' but for the simple fact that I a gearhead , a real captain from. Alaska to hawill, to having three vessels in costa rica. New boat owners like yourself,, are a pain in the a$$. A couple of these posters are/where trying to help you and you catch a attitude.. ur not a boater,. Just a boat owner. Grrr!

​​​​​​

Comment

Oops. Almost forgot

.38 winters in B.C.S. with livingston cats

Comment

Working...
                  X