oil leak on 25 HP 4 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak on 25 HP 4 Stroke

A question - I have a oil lead that I have not looking into yet, my theory is that the fuel pump interface is the source. I replaced the fuel pump 2 weeks ago with help and did not double check my helpers work ( a lesson I know as he is clumsy, but wanted him to feel helpful). does anyone know if this is a reasonable source of the oil leak?

Originally posted by msikorskima View Post
    A question - I have a oil lead that I have not looking into yet, my theory is that the fuel pump interface is the source. I replaced the fuel pump 2 weeks ago with help and did not double check my helpers work ( a lesson I know as he is clumsy, but wanted him to feel helpful). does anyone know if this is a reasonable source of the oil leak?
    Your friend is the source of the oil leak? Can't you just go over the work now, check new gasket is there and properly positioned and that the bolts are tight?
    Then run it and see if there is more oil. You need to have cleaned the old oil away to see if it is fresh. Use a degreaser and wash with water if still oily before taking it out for a run.

Comment

You can always add a dye to the oil. Run the motor for a while and then you use a black light to make the dye light up. It can help pin point the point of the leak.

Tracer Products Dye-Lite TP3090-0601 - Gasoline Engine Oil Dye | O'Reilly Auto Parts

But try first as zeno suggests.

Comment

thank you all-
        lesson learned to check my son-in-law's work.

Comment

Working...
        X