Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 90hp 4 stroke help!!!

Hello all
    Its been awhile, I guess that's a good thing!!!

I am having trouble with my 90hp 4 stroke.

I recently bought a pair and one is running great but the other had idle issues! Idling up and down at start up.When it throttled up it would be fine.
    The guy I bought them from said he had the same problem with the other and changed the throttle sensor assembly.

So I done just that I switched the sensors from the other engine with no change.

So I then cleaned the filter in the VST tank put it back together and it seemed to run fine!! Left it for 4 or five days tried to start it today to find out it would just make an offer to start but no go.

Any help would be great

Check the wiring to the connector for the idle air control valve. Some times the cowling will snag on the wire and fatigue the wires over time.

If the sensor cannot accurately report data to the ECM due to a failed or intermittently failing wire the engine may run poorly.

Comment

boscoe thanks for the quick reply between now and the I actually got it running again the connector on the fuel rail wasn't together properly but ya still seems to be up and down a little on the rpms will take another look at the harness if not that any other suggestions

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X