Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Hour Meter Measuring Just Minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Hour Meter Measuring Just Minutes?

The digital hour meter on my analog Faria tachometer has gone from 160 to 208 hours in what seems to have been about two hours of engine run time.

This morning it went from 200 to 208 hours in about 90 minutes of real time, let alone engine run time.

Anybody know what could be causing this?

Internal flaw within the gauge would be my guess.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zara Spook;118956]The digital hour meter on my analog Faria tachometer has gone from 160 to 208 hours in what seems to have been about two hours of engine run time.

This morning it went from 200 to 208 hours in about 90 minutes of real time, let alone engine run time.

Anybody know what could be causing this?[/QUOTE

If Einstein was right you must be travelling at quite a speed to alter time.

Maybe its time to get a new gauge.

If none of the above, check you may have faulty connections, the vibration making the gauge count faster (turning on and off). My hour gauge winds itself up seemingly like a spring clock and will go for sometime after turnoff. Listen, briefly flick ignition switch On then Off, do you hear it continue ticking?
      Just a thought.

Comment

Replacement Gauge

I have twin 225s on my boat. They are 2001 engines. The hour meter, which is digital, has so many missing pixels in the display that it is illegible. I need a replacement meter but didn't see anything like it on the Yamaha website. Where can I order a meter to replace the one I have (I only have one meter for both engines).
        Thanks

Comment

page 3-3

2016 Outboard Rigging & Parts

Comment

Faria
            that is how we spell junk in Italian.
            they also made the system check tachs for OMC.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              Faria
              that is how we spell junk in Italian.
              they also made the system check tachs for OMC.
              I also thought about posting something sarcastic regarding these analog gauges.
              Are there any good analog gauges?
              These boat builders in SC love to load up the console with these things. After a year or so half of them work. Pitiful. With Yamaha motors I might add. Don't get me started on the dinky pumps for live wells and wash downs.

Comment

cost
                the faria tach is about 120 bucks retail.
                the Yamaha digital is close to 400.

the Yamaha digital has a trim,hr and oil and temp icons.
                it will also outlast most any off brand analog.

I always wonder why you buy the best outboard on the market and rig it with junk gauges and ign switchs.
                cost.

Comment

I know it's about making money. But I bet they get a lot of warranty claims on that crap too. Many holes to cut too....

Comment

Working...
                  X