9.9F high thrust electric 1999 Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9F high thrust electric 1999 Fuse

Motor runs fine after prolonged lay-up having started it with a spanner across the relay terminals but it will not turn over when connected to the remote. There is no voltage on the wiring harness. In the shop manual wiring diagram there is a fuse in the circuit from the positive battery lead and I wanted to check this first but cannot find it. Other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

9.9F is not the model identity used by Yamaha.

Item eight is the fuse. If this is your model.

1999 F9.9ELRX Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 F9.9ER Diagram and Parts

Comment

Sorted

I knew where it was it the wiring diagram but could not find it on the engine; this was because I was looking for a different type of fuse; found it tucked away on top of and slightly behind the rectifier cover in a small rubber condom. It had corroded to pieces but the spare fuse was in good shape in a little plastic bag clipped to the wire. Everything works fine now.
      Thanks for input...

Comment

Apologies

Apologies, Boscoe, for not posting the correct model details which for the record are:
        FT9.9AE
        6G8 X Serial No
        U

Comment

Glad you found the problem.

Hidden in a small rubber condom. I like that.

In a condom that did not protect the cylindrical tube. I worry about my tube becoming corroded sometimes also. But mostly that was back in my old Navy days. When the term "any port in a storm" was in vogue.

Comment

You may want to swab that fuse (and holder) with dielectric grease to prevent later corrosion...
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X