115 HP outboard tilt/trim issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 HP outboard tilt/trim issues....

Ok so I'm not new to boats just new to ones with a tilt/trim.

Just changed tilt/trim motor and both relays. When I push the button you can hear the motor working which is an improvement because with the old motor there was no noise. It took a couple minutes but the 2 little pistons came out but the large piston never moved. The trailer sits low so the motor doesn't sit on the 2 smaller pistons it just sits on the ground. I held the button down for a couple more minutes hoping the large piston would lift the engine but nothing.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Just went through this myself. Have you bled the system?

Comment

You might try loosening the emergency trim screw located usually on the side of the transom bracket. It should have an arrow, CC, to LOOSEN/allow the engine to move without the T&T.

You should now be able to MANUALLY lift the engine. Raise it fully and set it on the MECHANICAL lever (as if you were to trailer).

You should now have access to the fill screw / bolt to put fluid into the system.
      Top it off with the proper fluid, add and repeat running the pump up and down. Your trying to bleed out all the air with fluid..

When its FULL, ALL the pistons should be fully extended. Now it should work and raise the engine off the MECHANICAL stop. Flip the stop for normal operation and see how the tilt does...

It sounds as if the fluid is low, however, there may be other issues inside. This would be the first step to do and hopefully get you going.

** Make sure you snug that RELEASE SCREW (LOOSENED EARLIER) and the fill screw when running the T&T up and down is tight...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        You might try loosening the emergency trim screw located usually on the side of the transom bracket. It should have an arrow, CC, to LOOSEN/allow the engine to move without the T&T.

You should now be able to MANUALLY lift the engine. Raise it fully and set it on the MECHANICAL lever (as if you were to trailer).

You should now have access to the fill screw / bolt to put fluid into the system.
        Top it off with the proper fluid, add and repeat running the pump up and down. Your trying to bleed out all the air with fluid..

When its FULL, ALL the pistons should be fully extended. Now it should work and raise the engine off the MECHANICAL stop. Flip the stop for normal operation and see how the tilt does...

It sounds as if the fluid is low, however, there may be other issues inside. This would be the first step to do and hopefully get you going.

** Make sure you snug that RELEASE SCREW (LOOSENED EARLIER) and the fill screw when running the T&T up and down is tight...

HOORAY its fixed! I made the newbie mistake of leaving the emergency trim screw loose which wouldn't allow me to properly fill it up. Tightened said screw, filled it and tried my best to bleed all the air out and BAM!! Its works!! To the lake I go!! Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X