hot 85hp help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot 85hp help!

My 85 hp 1993 has once again started overheating at strange times. it seems to have a good stream (new impeller) and I have cleaned out the head and the waterjacket. It overheats at idle after a long run and when its overheated it is not pissing hot. I have tried removing thermostat and popit valve and still same thing. Is is possible that their is another way water is bypassing or leaking down? I have read about a rubber gromit under the head but is there a way to test for this without pulling it apart? I had a horrific time taking the exhaust apart 2 years ago, which seemed to fix this, but im afraid to do it again. please advise

removing PRV will just dump water to the exhaust instead of running it through the motor

Comment

thanks I figured that out while doing my barnacle buster flush...did not fix the problem but then I realized that I was missing the seals and gromits for the water tube and im getting them on Tuesday. hopefully problem solved. now im working on a leaky trip cap that's ate up and they make a replacement with out getting a 600$ part. eeek!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dankydag View Post
        thanks I figured that out while doing my barnacle buster flush...did not fix the problem but then I realized that I was missing the seals and gromits for the water tube and im getting them on Tuesday. hopefully problem solved. now im working on a leaky trip cap that's ate up and they make a replacement with out getting a 600$ part. eeek!!!
        what is a trip cap

Comment

Working...
        X