Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 150 TRP Prop Shaft Seal

1st time poster here

Can someone show me a diagram for the installation of the prop shaft seal(s) for this lower unit?
    Slight oil drip( appx 1 drop per week) from seal area
    Any comprehensive info is appreciated.
    Mike

1999 DX150TLRX Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 2A Diagram and Parts

Comment

Have you checked/detected water getting inside the lower unit oil?....the oil would be sorta milky looking if water is in there...

Comment

need diagram for next forward parts of lower unit

Turns out the housing that holds the the two forward seals is corroded, and deteriorating. (where forward prop. sits against this surface)
        Can you show me the diagram for the parts associated with the removal of the retaining ring that holds the components for the forward shaft seals on this unit?
        Also what are your estimates for the probability of this coming out of the casing since it shows electrolysis build up

Originally posted by GulfCoast56 View Post
        1st time poster here

Can someone show me a diagram for the installation of the prop shaft seal(s) for this lower unit?
        Slight oil drip( appx 1 drop per week) from seal area
        Any comprehensive info is appreciated.
        Mike

Comment

the parts diagram he posted shows all of the parts for the lower unit, so I am not sure what else you are asking for.

Service manual for your motor will tell you what steps to take and what tools are needed to pull the bearing carrier.

You can also do a web search or even a forum search for info on removing a bearing accier on a Yamaha outboard of this model.

you will more than likely need to drill and break the retaining nut and then use a slide hammer and heat to break it loose and pull it or find other ways to get it out.
          Good luck

Comment

new lower unit

As it turns out, when the bearing housing was removed, there were no threads left on the casing which prevents a re-installation of new bearing housing
            What is the lower unit part # and cost for a new replacement
            I want to go back with a SINGLE prop lower unit instead of DUO

Turns out the housing that holds the the two forward seals is corroded, and deteriorating. (where forward prop. sits against this surface)
            Can you show me the diagram for the parts associated with the removal of the retaining ring that holds the components for the forward shaft seals on this unit?
            Also what are your estimates for the probability of this coming out of the casing since it shows electrolysis build up

Comment

As it turns out, when the bearing housing was removed, there were no threads left on the casing which prevents a re-installation of new bearing housing
              What is the lower unit part # and cost for a new replacement
              I want to go back with a SINGLE prop lower unit instead of DUO
              A bit confused by your comments.

You first ask about the contra-rotating lower unit part number and cost for a replacement.

2003 DX150TLRB Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

You then say you want to install a conventional lower unit on your DX150.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html

Comment

replace unit

I want to replace the trp lower unit with a single prop new lower unit

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                A bit confused by your comments.

You first ask about the contra-rotating lower unit part number and cost for a replacement.

2003 DX150TLRB Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

You then say you want to install a conventional lower unit on your DX150.

2003 VX150TLRB Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Working...
                X