No pee-stream 9.9 Yamaha four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pee-stream 9.9 Yamaha four stroke

I noticed while *****ing that my 1996 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke had no discharge from the pee-hole. I noticed a slight discharge of water coming ohe I put my finger over the hole I could feel slight air pressure blowing out witth the slight trickle of water. The engine was not hot and ran just like it always has, just fine. Anyone know what I should check to see why it's not peeing more water as it used to.
    Thanks,
    J Bonzer

How old is the waterpump? If it's the original one you might look at changing it out. You can try sticking a piece of stainless wire or mono line up into the tell-tale hole and see if you can clear out any debris that might be clogging it and blocking flow.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
      Can you put the earmuff style hose flusher on this motor? Will that also possibly help flush it out?
      I purchased it used and am checking with the prior owner, a frend, to see if he's done the water pump in the last few years. If not I suspect I'll get it done as that may be the problem. Incidently while on the river I did run the end of a plastic tie up the hole a ways but that didn't change anything.

Comment

Working...
      X