Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodbolt or Any Senior Member-Please Read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbolt or Any Senior Member-Please Read!

Rodbolt, could you please read my post "SX150TXRZ Piston Wear Limits Exceeded-Opinions Please?". Since I've had this motor, this forum has helped me diagnose/correct many problems and found your posts to be most reliable for me. I respect your opinion. Now I'm at the time where I have to make some decisions. I think what I really want to do is replace with a new F150XA. However, I want to wait until next year. My thought is to reassemble the motor as is until I can replace. She showed no sign of being tired, other than the piston diameters. Please review and comment. Thanks! Chuck Postis, cpostis@att.net, (772)646-5118
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

I'm definitely no Rodbolt/expert but back in our motorcycle days with warn Pistons we'd have the skirts knurled slightly at the machine shop which tended to swell or enlarge the skirt area and provide a place for oil/ lubricant to accumulate providing better lubrication and sorta taking up the slack from wear in the skirt area....I don't know if this is possible or recommended on a Yamaha outboard but it worked well on Yamaha motorcycle Pistons, as well as others...might save you buying a new set of Pistons....just a thought here...

Comment

find your post and BUMP it.

Comment

Working...
      X