X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F300 and water pressure sensor question

Hi all.
    Just joined forum today, first post!

I've got a new 2016 F300NCA. Can anyone tell what the N is as opposed to a UCA? I've tried searching on Yamaha site and Simyamaha as well, but can't seem to decode it. I'm definitely new to Yamaha and outboard motors. Any help is appreciated.

I'm also trying to find the correct water pressure sensor kit to order for my unit. I'm having a tough time determining which parts are correct for my model. Is the N different than the U?
    I have searched and read quite a few threads on this pressure sensor kit. I just can't confirm any of these are correct for my model and year.

Thanks in advance

F300XCA = motor from Japan with a 25 inch lower unit included.

F300UCA = motor from Japan with a 30 inch lower unit included.

F300NCA = motor from Japan with no lower unit included.

From the sensor installation stand point there is no difference between an X, a U or an N suffix model.

Comment

Ok, that makes sense. As I watched my boat build near completion, they assembled the upper and lower units in the factory. There's a 30" shaft on it.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

As far as water pressure the shaft length makes no difference. Sensor installs near the back lower of the motor and plugs in the connector marked W. Very easy to install.

Comment

I've pulled the top cover off and I see the WW labeled harness and the bolt with orange gasket where the sensor goes. It does look pretty simple.
          I've been looking on boats.net for the proper kit. I find the sensor and parts separate, but I am having trouble searching out the kit. I'd like to get a kit so I am sure I have all that I will need.
          Does anyone know a kit number that will be right for my motor?

Comment

Let google be your friend.

http://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Wate...a4l0-14-00.htm

The service manual outlines the installation procedure. Since you are modifying your motor surely you will have a copy on hand.

http://www.simyamaha.com/category_s/1729.htm
            Last edited by boscoe99; 04-29-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe. Appreciate the links.
              That was the kit I saw, I just wasn't sure it was the right one.
              I'll be sure to get a service manual. I'm looking forward to taking care of this motor.

Comment

Working...
              X