F115/LF115 New to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115/LF115 New to me

New member here from Vancouver. Hi everyone!
    Traded up to a well maintained 2009 Jaxoncraft24 w 115's last fall.
    Previous ride had 90TLRP and an F8, so not new to Yamaha.
    Both 115s run great. 725 hrs on each. Boat was trailered and fished for 100 hrs over 2 weeks each year.

My actions so far:
    -new bottom-paint
    -added 2nd Cmd Link bus and Nmea2k interface to the Garmin for quick display of engine data
    -configured the Speed/Fuel gauge and the tachs ... Such a user friendly interface 😉
    -lower unit oil changed...no metal on the plug, no milky oil
    -oil and filter changed
    -props pulled, shafts greased
    - transom bracket anodes have another year on them, same with the trim tab anodes

-previous owner says impellers were done 100 hrs ago, both are peeing fine
    -the F115 temp gauge seems to run a bit cooler than the LF115
    -thinking I shud throw a couple new thermostats in, based on forum comments its an item to be diligent with

-the dust seal on one of the trim cylinders is broken with an end pushing out, but no oil leak, and trim/tilt is strong....thinking this will go another season before a rebuild....shud I be concerned?

My questions for now:
    -Are there any other engine anodes I shud be looking at?
    -anything else w these motors before I launch in the salt for the season?

Appreciate all suggestions! Thx!

Might want to do the primary fuel filters on the engine. And F/W separators on the boat if it has them. Also if you are in a saltwater environment as I am, I do my water pump every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
      if you are in a saltwater environment as I am, I do my water pump every year.
      I'm guessing that is (sensibly) more to make sure the bolts and key don't corrode up tight? wouldn't think the rubber impeller would care...

OP - you might have a look at the "sticky" post titled "Scheduled Maintenance Charts"

Also you can get an owners manual at Owners Manuals, Outboard Engines | Yamaha Outboards

There are three engine anodes; two between the spark plugs, one near the "poppet valve".

(which is also on the chart)

Enjoy your motors!

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
        Might want to do the primary fuel filters on the engine. And F/W separators on the boat if it has them. Also if you are in a saltwater environment as I am, I do my water pump every year.
        Good thoughts - pulled them both, they looked pretty clean, cleaned the bowls w air, and re-installed.
        Also new 10 micron Racor installed onboard.

I have a fresh water hose at my moorage slip, so will tilt and flush periodically.

Comment

Anodes checked

Further update- All the engine block anodes are in great shape...still look new.

Changed out both thermostats today and glad I did....both were corroded....and the new ones solved the previous running temp difference. Now both engines are same temp.

Launching Sunday...salmon are already showing up.

Comment

Working...
          X