Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed Fuse Found

1998 S115W 2 Stroke

While installing an O-ring on a solenoid today I noticed a 20A fuse in a sealed hard plastic laying on the bottom cowling, starboard side. Obviously it didn't pop out of a fuse holder because it's sealed, but I'd like to know why it was there. Does Yamaha leave spare fuses inside the cowling?
    Last edited by Jason2tpa; 08-14-2016, 03:08 PM.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Looks like a spare for that main 20 amp fuse that's located in that general area...I keep one just like it so if/when I screw up and hook the battery terminals backwards I'll be ready with a new fuse....

Comment

Testing. Is it me?

Comment

Ok, so Yamaha puts a spare fuse somewhere. I couldn't locate like a clip or holder on or near the wire harnesses that would hold this spare. Either way, at least now I know it's normal, though not normal for it to be laying around the cowling. Thanks.

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
        Looks like a spare for that main 20 amp fuse that's located in that general area...I keep one just like it so if/when I screw up and hook the battery terminals backwards I'll be ready with a new fuse....
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

nope

but you need to deal with Volvo and mercrusier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
            Ok, so Yamaha puts a spare fuse somewhere. I couldn't locate like a clip or holder on or near the wire harnesses that would hold this spare. Either way, at least now I know it's normal, though not normal for it to be laying around the cowling. Thanks.
            Attach the spare to the black fuse holder with a zip tie....then you'll have it if you need it right there handy!...guess it all depends on how often you disconnect your battery terminals that increases your odds of screwing up!

Comment

Working...
            X