1984 25ELN Drive Shaft Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 25ELN Drive Shaft Seal

I was having an overheating issue and pulled the lower off to refit it with a new water pump kit PN 689-W0078-04-00 . Upon inspection of the water pump housing cover PN 689-44312-00-(5B) (or CA), which covers the water pump housing PN 689-44311-03-00, I discovered a drive shaft seal that was entirely worn out. Went to the local Yamaha dealer and they ordered a new water pump housing cover thinking that the seal was part of the new unit. The new unit came in but with no seal in it. They said it didn't appear to be part of the water pump repair kit PN 689-W0078-04-00 either. They seem to be a good outfit so I'm at a loss as what part number it is.

http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com...1402892&Page=1

Comment

boscoe99, thank you for the prompt response however, when I try to open the link it gives me an error - Error: Required Parameters Not Found or Blank! Application could NOT continue! Please contact your administrator!

Comment

The driveshaft seal is not part of a water pump housing or impeller replacement kit.....

Comment

That is what the dealer parts counter told me. Yes, this is somewhat frustrating as I showed them the old seal still mounted, actually stuck, in the water pump housing cover. ???

Comment

Try this then

1984 25ELN Yamaha Outboard LOWER DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

The dealer has the same schematic. I have looked at many schematic's, from different websites, all appear to be the same. Still not seeing the drive shaft seal that fits between the water pump housing and the water pump housing cover.

Comment

Found the part and number. It's not with the lower drive 1 diagram rather it is in the upper casing diagram. Part number 689-45127-00-00. $37.41 but, now I have a runner. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X