Fuel Injector Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injector Maintenance

What is the best method for keeping fuel injectors working optimally?

Use clean fresh fuel and use the motor often. All of my cars and trucks go hundreds of thousands of miles with no servicing required.

Some will use a gasoline additive to help keep the injectors cleaned.

Some folks will pull the injectors and send them off for a cleaning and then flow test.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Use clean fresh fuel and use the motor often. All of my cars and trucks go hundreds of thousands of miles with no servicing required.

Some will use a gasoline additive to help keep the injectors cleaned.

Some folks will pull the injectors and send them off for a cleaning and then flow test.
      Thanks much. Does the concept of running a motor through the range of RPM, including WOT for brief periods, apply to fuel injected four-stroke motors just as it does to two-strokes?

Comment

Clean fuel and use it regularly (which should be GOOD thing!) is #1. I also use Startron and Yamaha's Ring Free. It might be a bit overkill, but it's pennies a gallon and anytime I've checked my fuel quality (by draining the hi-pressure pump's tank) it's been super clean. When I clean out that tank, it's also extremely clean.

Check and/or change your filters regularly. I'm adding a vacuum gauge to my main (boat mounted) filter this year. Not that I care about spending the $10 per year on a new filter (although, why change it if I don't have to?), but more of a diagnostic tool.

I did get my injectors cleaned, but I did that when I first got the engine. Everything was running fine, but I wanted to start with a "clean bill of health", so to say. For $120, it was well worth the peace of mind to me.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
        X