positive terminals burn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• positive terminals burn off

I'm working on a boat that flipped in salt water,It was 8 hrs before turned over, both positive battery and 1 coil positive wire burnt off.
    why does this happen and do I need to replace all 3 coils ?
    thanks in advance

I would , otherwise, it may come back to haunt you, also I would wash that motor like it was a yellow lab that just found a pig farm in August , every crevice , nook, spark plug hole , then run it everyday ( on muffs if needed ) to dry every thing out, plus a ton of crc, wd40 ect, it just cut the life expectancy down, but it will last for a while , good luck

Comment

Originally posted by erniefish View Post
      I would , otherwise, it may come back to haunt you, also I would wash that motor like it was a yellow lab that just found a pig farm in August , every crevice , nook, spark plug hole , then run it everyday ( on muffs if needed ) to dry every thing out, plus a ton of crc, wd40 ect, it just cut the life expectancy down, but it will last for a while , good luck
      Thanks, its been stripped to the bone, and I'm just now putting it all back together.

Comment

If there was a buildup of corrosion on the terminals, that can create extra resistance for the juice to flow through. More resistance = heat.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
        X