Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flush Mount Controls - Can I rotate them 180 degrees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Mount Controls - Can I rotate them 180 degrees?

So I'm swapping my old Merc controls for Yamaha controls in my Proline Walkaround. They are both flush mount controls.

The control cables need to exit from the front of the control box but Yamaha's exit from the back.

I can't figure out if it's possible to rotate the Inner hidden part of the controls 180 degrees to make the control cables exit the front but still have the handle in the normal position. Looking at the inner part of the mechinism it looks possible maybe but complicated.

Can anyone tell me this will work before I tear these controls apart?
    Attached Files

By turning it around you will also have the problem of an upside down lever.

If you had the room longer cables might be a better solution, that is if the bend required is not so severe that it binds the cables.

Sorry probably of not much help, of course you need someone to advise that has done this. There are differences in external con*****ers that I know of by Yamaha, that push as opposed to pulling the cable. This might also be an avenue to look at the internals of those if they are interchangeable.
    Last edited by zenoahphobic; 04-06-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

yes I'm thinking the same thing. I may have to settle for 2 extra bends. I bought Teleflex Xtreme cables which are more flexible. I do need push controls which I have... There may be a way to take them appart and swap the direction but it's more complicated that I originally thought. The aluminum control house is mirrored on both sides making me think the guts can be swapped but I can't find anyone who's done it.

no mention of it in the rigging guide...

Comment

Comment

Thanks, I found the instructions and I don't think I can reverse them as much as I want.

Here's the instructions for anyone else that needs them:
          http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...l-th16684.html

Comment

Working...
          X