Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to Identify

Hi,

My first post and I'm begging for advice already.....hope that is ok?

I purchased a Shetland 535 at the weekend that has a Yamaha 70hp outboard engine. I'm trying to track down some information on it like year, manual etc but the ident plate does not match up to anything.

I have also discovered that the Link Arm for the steering has sheered off the ball joint so was wondering if anyone recognises this link are set up and if anyone can point me in the right direction to get a new one?

Pics attached

Thank you in advance

Dave
    Attached Files

I just tried to reply but my message went into cyberspace. Hopefully boats.net will find it and let me post it.

Appears you have a 1986 equivalent of a USA model 70ETLJ.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...TLJ/parts.html

Teleflex/Seastar makes the steering part.

SeaStar Solutions
    Last edited by boscoe99; 04-06-2016, 11:01 AM. Reason: correct message for model year

Comment

Hi, your engine is a 1986 Longshaft european model. Go to the top right of this page and click on'purchase Yamaha parts' and look for your model. My brother in law has a Shetland Speedwell with a 130BETO on it.

Sure some of the excellent people on this forum will be able to assist :-). I might even have a manual hanging around, will check.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        I just tried to reply but my message went into cyberspace. Hopefully boats.net will find it and let me post it.

Appears you have a 1986 equivalent of a USA model 70TLRU.

1996 70TLRU Yamaha Outboard Parts

SeaStar Solutions
        Hey boscoe, we must have posted at the same time . You link to a 1996 70TLRU, is that the same as the 1986 model?

Comment

Appears you have a 1986 equivalent of a USA model 70TLRU.

1996 70TLRU Yamaha Outboard Parts

SeaStar Solutions
          That would kind of bare out with what i found here but my Serial number starts with 3 as a pose to 4 is that because its a European model of the 70 TLRU??
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
            Hi, your engine is a 1986 Longshaft european model. Go to the top right of this page and click on'purchase Yamaha parts' and look for your model. My brother in law has a Shetland Speedwell with a 130BETO on it.

Sure some of the excellent people on this forum will be able to assist :-). I might even have a manual hanging around, will check.
            Just had a look John but unfortunately, my model does not seem to appear

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeen Dave View Post
              Just had a look John but unfortunately, my model does not seem to appear
              You are not going to find a BETO model on the Yamaha USA website. This website only lists models that were sold here in the US.

One thing to do is to find what hopefully is the equivalent of your model. Which I am guessing is the 70ETLJ.

If you want to find your specific parts catalog then check with a dealer that is in the country in which the model was sold. Or try here

Spare parts for Yamaha 130 | Buy high quality spare parts for Outboard at reasonable prices in MegaZip online shop.

Compare part number used on your specific model for those use on a US 70 HP model. If one and the same they can be used.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
                Hey boscoe, we must have posted at the same time . You link to a 1996 70TLRU, is that the same as the 1986 model?
                boscoe done screwed up. I corrected my message.

Comment

You are not going to find a BETO model on the Yamaha USA website. This website only lists models that were sold here in the US.

One thing to do is to find what hopefully is the equivalent of your model. Which I am guessing is the 70ETLJ.

If you want to find your specific parts catalog then check with a dealer that is in the country in which the model was sold. Or try here

Spare parts for Yamaha 130 | Buy high quality spare parts for Outboard at reasonable prices in MegaZip online shop.

Compare part number used on your specific model for those use on a US 70 HP model. If one and the same they can be used.
                  Cheers Boscoe.....your help is very much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X