Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Please Help - Serial #

Hello guys

I am in a mess. Got my boat all but sold but serial # sticker has come off or someone has stolen it. This has potential buyer freaked out & I can understand why. Anyways, here is the number on the sticker located on top

My boat is a 2 stroke 2008 or 2007 50hp. I bought it from a recommended boat dealership in this area. Ill be going back to talk to them but I was wondering if you can help me identify my full serial ?

I need this for the buyers credit union.

2stroke 50hp

Looks to be a 2006 production year motor. Full ID should be 6H5KL 1015676. Model is a 50TLR.

Did you buy it new in February of 2007? Is your first name Greg? Is the date of manufacture on the motor 06/06? If so, this is your motor.

Comment

No sir I bout the motor from a reputable dealership. They said the motor was a trade in from the original and only owner. I will be calling them this morning. You have helped me greatly though. How did you decipher that is my serial ID from the number I gave you?

Comment

cause Boscoe is a voodoo master .

Comment

I called the dealership and they said they dont like the need serial tags yamaha went to that they come off and I told them I read they are hard to get off. At any rate, they are going to get me a copy of invoice so I can prove to buyer its not hot

You helped me alot because i did not want to take stuff apart to get to the silver coin thing. That looks like a freeze plug.

I bet that only has the numbers like the sticker anyways doesnt it? or does it have the full serial?

Comment

Originally posted by flboy0638 View Post
            I called the dealership and they said they dont like the need serial tags yamaha went to that they come off and I told them I read they are hard to get off. At any rate, they are going to get me a copy of invoice so I can prove to buyer its not hot

You helped me alot because i did not want to take stuff apart to get to the silver coin thing. That looks like a freeze plug.

I bet that only has the numbers like the sticker anyways doesnt it? or does it have the full serial?
            You don't have to take anything apart to find the alternate ID label. It is a round sticker that is stuck on the block. It is black with a white bar across in. In the white bar should be the numbers that you provided. The sticker is usually in the vicinity of the starter motor.

All Yamaha US 50 HP two strokes of 2006 - 2009 vintage have a 6H5K prefix. All 50 HP two strokes of that vintage have a 20 inch mid-section shaft length, with is where the L comes from. Add it all together and you come up with 6H5KL 1015676.

The ID labels are very difficult to remove. The older the motor the tougher they are to remove. But not impossible. Anytime a label is missing it does seem suspicious.

Comment

Working...
            X