Motor fush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor fush

I was told that when u use the garden hose flush it doesn't flush the water pump .is one way better than other thanks swanboater 2006_115 Yamaha:?:

Depends if one considers water dribbling back down the water pump tube as "flushing" the water pump.

A guy on another forum took the time to measure the water flow through his Yamaha when just the garden hose flush fitting was used. He got about a half gallon in ten minutes time. Makes one wonder how effective the garden hose fitting can really be since the thermostat(s) will be closed.

How much water can get to the block via a small tube with about a quarter inch ID?

My thinking is that the garden hose method is for folks that keep their boats somewhere that they can't use flush muffs, or better still a bucket around the lower unit that can supply copious amounts of fresh water to the motor. It is better than nothing but not by much IMO.

Comment

first you could then you could not.

my F150 will overheat on the muffs every time.
      I can run it 30-40 min at idle while decarbing it on the onboard flush port and its fine.

most F200/225 v6,most F150 and most F250/300 will overheat on the muffs.

F300/350 V8 I always use two hoses,one on the muff and one on the flush port.
      the V8 has rather large water passages.

Comment

Working...
      X