2004 150 txrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 150 txrc

Looking for a little guidance please. Background is I bought this motor and the previous owner had analog gauges so he would not be of any help.

The center bar is flashing on the tach, despite both tanks being full. I took the harness and the float out of the engine mounted tank and ohm meter to the black and each wire as mentioned in the book for sw1, sw2 and sw3. All checked out when I slide the float. However when I first started sw1 was not registering until I moved it down then back up. Again, each position the meter registered continuity. Checked the boat mounted tank tested ok as well.

Could the float be defective? or should I look elsewhere like the ECU? And is there a test for the unit?

Thanks in advance

Chris

By center bar flashing the presumption is that you have a Yamaha multi-function tachometer. Has the right hand bar disappeared as well?

The center bar and the right hand bar have nothing whatsoever to do with the ECU/CDI or the main engine mounted tank sensor switch assembly. Those bars are con*****ed by the boat mounted remote tank sensor.

If the remote tank sensor is closed (float up indicating oil in the tank) then a ground is applied through the switch to the tachometer in which case both bars illuminate steadily. If and when the float goes down a switch is opened (no more ground) in which case the right hand bar disappears and the center bar starts to flash.

Test the switch in the remote tank sensor. If the switch is good then check the wiring.

Comment

Thank you. I checked the float and it appeared to be working. so it must be in the wiring. When they installed the motor they were supposed to install the new oil tank and the wiring harness from the other boat. guessing they may not have now. Does the harness run from tank back to motor and connect or does it hook up elsewhere and run with a myriad of other wires?

Chris

Comment

There is a harness that runs from the motor to the remote oil tank. It carries a power wire and a ground wire to operate the pump motor. It also has a wire that carries a ground from the motor to the sensor switch and a wire that carries the ground from the switch back to the motor. That wire goes to the CDI and to the tachometer.

Comment

thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X