Hpdi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hpdi issues

OK need some advice bought a 2005 skeeter with 300 hpdi.

It seems to run rough at idle when put in gear it smooths out. I know about the idle in 4 cyl that it would run rough.
    Here is what has seem to be what I noticed more often then not when the exhaust ports are in the water it stalls out in gear or idle.
    If i trim 3/4 of the way out of water it will idle.

So I had a tournament this weekend and when Was getting ready to take off it died and i couldn't start for 5 min just like it ran out of gas.
    While trying it just turned no fire held down hot foot and finally got gas and started.

Made a run wot and then went off plane it dies started back up the couldn't get on pad 3k rpms I fished the area 3 hrs later I tried again got on pad then ran fine unless the exhaust was in water.

250hrs always ran with fuel additive and ring free before I start replacing things any ideas please help.

Tks

lots of filters to plug up on those motors,
    need to have someone hook it up to computer and run it to see what shows up. he should monitor fuel pressures, check for codes, and anything else.

What maintenance have you done to this motor over the time you have owned it?

Comment

I bought Feb 2015 it had all service done August of 2014 from what I had been told.
      I was just going to order filters and water separator change out water pump and lower unit oil again.

My buddy is a Mobil mech and told me wait till I put 100 hrs to do everything as to why I hadn't yet.

My biggest thing is I keep seeing something about VST ?????

Comment

Yes there are screens/filters in there and before that and in the high pressure pump and the injectors.
        Your friend needs to bring his equipment over there and check it out

Comment

Working...
        X