2004 F115 Starting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F115 Starting Issue

I have two 2004 F115 engines. Both run well but one starts on the first crank and the other has to turn over 2-3 seconds before it starts. It has always done this.

Is there a check valve that retains the fuel pressure so the engine starts up quickly? Could this be the problem with the hard starting engine? I assume it has to turn over a couple of seconds to build injector pressure.

Thanks

bump

Comment

Do they both have their own Racor fuel/water separator filters? Are you using the primer ball to prime the fuel system before trying to start it? Try just turning the key to ON and letting it sit there for about 5 seconds before hitting the START position. That will give the electric fuel pump time to buildup pressure in the fuel rail for the injectors.

Mike....... Miami, FL

Comment

I have switched the fuel supplies so that is eliminated. I will try the ignition ON before starting to see if it will fire quicker.

Comment

Tried leaving the ignition on for a few seconds before starting and the engine still requires 2 to 3 seconds of turnover before firing. The other F115 starts right off. I have a F150 on another boat that starts right off as well.

Any ideas from a tech as to why the F115 doesn't start immediately? Is the injector rail fuel pressure supposed to be retained while the motor is off so that it's ready fire. If so, is there a check valve that might be releasing the fuel pressure?

Comment

Working...
          X