Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha command Link Plus not reading after re-power

Hello,
    I have been searching to find an answer to my problem that I hope someone can help with. I just purchased a 2011 F250XCA to re-power my boat. I purchased the big rectangular command link plus gauge (6Y9 version 2 or 3) new in a kit. I purchased the DEC binnacle and had the ECU reset buy the dealer to accept the New serial #'ed Binnacle. I hooked up everything according to the diagrams and I am pretty mechanical so it was not difficult to follow. Everything runs fine the motor shifts and drives fine with the binnacle, however the gauge does not read any data from the motor. It does read the data from my Lowrance GPS/chart plotter. I went through the initial setup on the gauge when it first booted.

I read that read that there might be a resistor cap missing on the hub. However,I have the grey resistor cap on the far end opposite the power plug from the key switch. I do have 2 device spot open without a plug or a cap I have purchased some but they are not in yet. Could these be cause the problem? I understand they are just covers and have no effect on the operation. The only other thing I was on the binnacle's numerous plugs was one single wire with a black plug and a white plug. the label said to plug white to black for certain models. the F250B (dec) was listed. I do not know if my motor is considered a F250B or not. I am guessing not. Curious if this could also be the issue.

Everything was purchased new because I did not want to take a chance something used not being compatible. Has anyone seen this issue? Last thing I saw was people with this issue after is was running for a while the ECU had to be replaced. The motor is still under warranty, but I do not know if the ECU is covered. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Barry

between the hub and the CLP display there should be a 4 to 6 pin adapter along with a pigtail.
    means you should have 2 separate leads hooked together between the hub and the CLP.

Comment

For the F250XCA to drive a Command Link Plus display a Command Link Plus DEC box has to be used. An F250XCA is not an F250B model. A Command Link (no plus) DEC box for an F250B model is not Command Link Plus compatible if that is what you have. I can't tell.

The CL+ DEC box will have two outputs. One (four pin) for Command Link and one (six pin) for Command Link Plus. The CL+ display obviously has to be plugged into the CL+ output connector.

A CL non plus DEC box will have only one four pin connector.

See diagram below. First is a CL+ DEC box. Second is a CL DEC box (not CL+).

Comment

The dec binnacle I have does have both plugs. It says use one for the 6y9 and the other if you have a 6y8 gauge. When I get back home I will post my layout with the part #s I have. The dealership is who sold me the binnacle for my clp gauge. So I hope it is correct.
        Thanks

Comment

Ok here is the layout I followed and these are the exact part #'s I have. I also added a pic of the DEC binnacle plugs I have for CL and CLP. This is also exactly how I have it plugged into the multi- hub. The only difference that is not on this diagram is I have the fuel sender cable and also have the GPS cable for my Lowrance. But these connect directly to the guage.

Yamaha CLP layout current.jpg

CL and CLP plugs.jpg

please let me know if you need anything else.
          Last edited by Siddhi69; 03-13-2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

The only other thing that is sort of suspect is the key switch I used. I used part# 704-82570-10-00 which is a horizontal switch. I was told by Yamaha support and 2 dealerships that as long as I had the power adapter harness it would be fine. I just realized I did not add this to the diagram. But like I mentioned everything runs fine. Just no data

Comment

Working...
            X