Trim Relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Relay?

I have twin 2008 F250s and the port motor acts funny when I first turn on the battery switch, it trims intermittantly on its own up and down. It only does it sometimes, I was offshore all day on Sunday and never did it once but did it again after I had it back on the trailer. I have disconnected both the trim/tilt switch on the cowling and the one on the throttle, its not those. I am guessing its the trim relay at this point unless there is another thought out there.

Reading my repair manual, looks like a bit of job swapping out the trim relay as you have to remove the intake manifold and some other items.

I want to tackle this myself, what am I getting into?

thanks!!

where did you disconnect the switches at?
    If not at the relay itself then it could be a wiring harness problem.
    If you took the switches loose at the relay It would be in the relay itself, but I do not see how the relay could do this

Comment

I disconnected the cowling switch first place I could just inside the motor housing up towards the front of it.

I disconnected the trim switch on the throttle first place I could as well.

When it starts to trim up and down on its own, I override it by using the trim/tilt on the base on my electronic controls, those two rubber switches.

I disconnected the switch on the top of the throttle before I fished all day on Sunday and it never did it like I mentioned so I thought I had it solved, but then did again back at the house on the trailer.

Comment

Working...
      X