2-Stroke VMAX200 Oil Not Pumping to Reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-Stroke VMAX200 Oil Not Pumping to Reserve

Always something...today while running, the alarm sounded and my oil light lit up. I check my reserve and it was less than half full...Oil is no longer pumping from the oil tank to the reserve. I had to pour oil into the reserve to get back to the landing. The alarm sound went away, but came back when the oil got low again.

I checked for pinched lines. Don't know how to go out troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did a little research...here's an update:

-I turned the ignition key to on, and I do hear oil pump power up for 5-7 seconds. It then goes away. Does this rule out the wiring?

-While the key is on, I keep push the grey switch, to the left of the oil reserve, UP. It it does not pump oil in the reserve. I read somewhere else that you have to push the switch down, but it is already down. Might be different per model/year?

Comment

do a bit of forum searching.
      I have beat this dirt simple system to death.

with the key on,test for 12V between the brown wire at the remote tank and the engine block.
      if less than battery voltage fix the supply 12V.

if you have that then switch the meter to one lead on the blue wire and the other to the engine block.

then toggle the gray switch.

if it reads anymore than about .5V fix the ground path.

Comment

If you do as Rodbolt suggests (always a wise decision) and find that the wiring/ground is fine, the next culprit will most likely be the small inline filter that is mounted near the pump on the remote tank. It can sometimes get gunked up and restrict the flow of oil to the engine mounted tank. Its very easy to get to and inexpensive to replace, it is mounted right on the side of the remote oil tank.

Also, FYI when trying to transfer oil by using the switch on the back of the engine, it is a slow process - it can take a minute or two to refill the tank and can be hard to even tell that the level of oil in the tank is even rising without having a reference mark to judge progress.

-- Tom

Comment

Working...
        X