Yamaha 90 AET0 6H1 L 486771

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90 AET0 6H1 L 486771

Hello , I am looking to buy a second hand 90 Hp what can be learnt by the serial plate. They tell me its a 1995 model
    Do they all come with tilt and trim standard?
    How many hours should an outboard last if serviced correctly ?
    This unit has 1000 Hrs on it
    I will be doing a compression test before purchase
    TIA for your help

That motor was manufactured in 1994 but in fact could be purchased in 1995.
    By that S/N match with US 90TLRS

Not all 90 2 strk had PTT and/or Autolube/precision Blend.

There is no answer how many hours it can last... It can last more 1h or 5000h

All depends of previous use, maintenance and luck.

Here we have a few motors with 10000h a lot with 5/6000h used on commercial.

I think that motors are very realible.
    Now days even being a bit guzzlers here who have that motors want to keep them.
    But maybe is like one of my buddys that have a 150FETO / S150TLRW say... The problem is not the fuel consumption of his motor is the price of gas (fortunately little better now)

I know here some have/had crankshaft failures (maybe because they´re using low quality oil) but most owners want them fixed anyway.

Here what I would do before buy the motor...

Compression and leakdown test.
    have look on spark plugs, gear oil, block looking signs of overheating, corrosion on PTT, remove the Tstat so you can have look inside the block etc etc

If still on the boat so you can use it for a test better...

Good luck

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much for the information , this is my first outboard motor purchase. Back in the 70s 80s my dad had 17 ft boat first with a Johnson 90HP and then a Mercury 100 as a young fella i got to help with the maintenance.
      I will check out this engine as you suggested to ensure its ok before purchase.

Regards Kel from Australia

Comment

Working...
      X