2000 Yamaha 250 2stroke alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha 250 2stroke alarm

When the ignition key is first turned on there is a beep beep. What is this for? If I have any other alarm that may go off while motors are running does the alarm come from the same small speaker or will it be much louder?

single engine or twin engine?

Comment

twin 250's, 2000 year, 2 stroke

Comment

Same horn is used for all audible warnings.

Twins and triples will beep when the key is turned on. Singles don't make a sound.

Comment

My problem is my boat had a wiring harness already on it from twin 300 four strokes with the beeping alarm when the key is turned on. In order to install the Yamaha gauges that came with my 2 strokes(I needed more power and ground wires) I changed the harness to the one that came with the 2 stroke engines. This harness does not have the beeping signal speaker. Do I need to splice one in in order to get a real alarm signal?

Comment

The horn is not part of the wiring harnesses. The horn is part of the key switch assembly.

I presume that you changed key switch assembles?

Comment

Yes, the key switch harness. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                The horn is not part of the wiring harnesses. The horn is part of the key switch assembly.

I presume that you changed key switch assembles?
                To the OP
                It does not sound like you agree with what Bosco asked you , but you said yes anyway

Originally posted by oldcobia View Post
                Yes, the key switch harness. Thanks

Comment

He presumed I was talking about the key switch assembly and I agreed. To make sure it is understood what I am talking about it is the two key switch assembly's with the 2 wiring harness's that connect with the appropriate gauges.

Comment

OK, So you changed out the key switches and the wiring harnesses.
                    It should have had a buzzer in the key switch assemblies as Bosco99 said.
                    Perhaps it is bad or someone removed it.
                    Yea you can replace/install one.

to answer your original question, that is the only buzer for alarms. And from what I understand ,the initial beep at key on is a kind of test so you know it is functioning

Comment

rigged CORRECTLY with the CORRECT 704 key switch assy there will be TWO horns TWO switchs and ONE DES switch assy.

the DES assy controls RPM reduction on both engines in the event of one going into RPM reduction.
                      the DES also controls the alarm self test as each switch is turned on.

if you needed extra wires why not simply buy the splitters?
                      the're about 7 dollars each.

Comment

Working...
                      X