Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Assessment

Good Day guys.

What are your thoughts on this plug? Is this the sign of a mis-firing cylinder?
    Lately my engine has been a little hard strating when cold and irratic idle when cold. Once the engine is warm, strats easy and idles smooth. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Files

Maybe for a 4 stroke the very white center insulator is O.K., but for a 2 stroke that insulator looks pretty darn white to me....I usually wire brush the threads and put a dab of anti-seize on the threads on my spark plugs to help facilitate their easy removal....looks like a lot of carbon on the threads?...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      Maybe for a 4 stroke the very white center insulator is O.K., but for a 2 stroke that insulator looks pretty darn white to me....I usually wire brush the threads and put a dab of anti-seize on the threads on my spark plugs to help facilitate their easy removal....looks like a lot of carbon on the threads?...
      Thanks Robert. Looks like alot of unburned oil on the plugs as well.

Comment

Is it a two stroke or four stroke????

Was the plug pulled after idling in or ?
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If it has a hard cold start then maybe your induction enrichening device is not working correctly or your cold starting procedure needs to be adjusted....Are you pumping the primer bulb each cold start?...Maybe crack open throttle slightly for cold starts?....

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
            Is it a two stroke or four stroke????

Was the plug pulled after idling in or ?
            As far as we know it is not even an outboard that the plug came out of much less what kind or model.

as white as the plug is it does not look like it was burning fuel

Comment

Working...
            X