f115TXR 2005-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115TXR 2005-6

I am experiencing water in the oil . I have 145-150 psi at cylinders . Is it possible that I have a head gasket issue ? Or is there some way that water can come through exhaust valve when the engine misses at low rpm ? The history is , have had powerhead off , replaced all gaskets , replaced exaust sleeve ( mid section ), replaced oil pump , repaired electrolysis hole in water jacket ( the patch is holding) . The head gasket is the only one I have not exposed or replaced ? I have an intermittent miss at low rpm that I can not currently diagnose but feel may be a coil breakdown . Would this be a avenue for water to get to oil ?

before splatter gunning do a tad o thinking.

HOW can one get water in the oil pan?

mmmmmm
    if I place water in the cylinder not only will that cyl quit fireing but now the spark plugs show the water burn and it takes a whiz load o water to get past the rings.
    however its possible.
    its also why compression tests are teats on a boar hog on a 4 stroke outboard.

look at any joint that has water pressure and a path to the crankcase.
    the head gasket on that model has only a few.

while you had everything else apart did you actually use a straight edge and feeler gauge to measure the warpage of the gasket surfaces?

Comment

Working...
    X