Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 4.2 300HP

Hello everyone

I managed to purchase an entire engine without electrics. I will be replacing my old F225 four stroke with the new 4.2 300.
    I understand that my old wiring and controls will not work with this new style motor. I want to keep it simple with the round gauges. What am I looking at in price and can anyone direct me in the right way to purchasing?

Thanks in advance

we are going to need a full model number.
    that motor was made in both DEC and mechanical controls.

Comment

Go here and see what is available.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Is your dealer no help at all? What are they saying/suggesting?

You can have round analog gauges, round conventional multi-function gauges and round Command Link gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by seaboyblue View Post
        I understand that my old wiring and controls will not work with this new style motor. What am I looking at in price and can anyone direct me in the right way to purchasing?
        Your understanding is correct. To start with you will need new DEC controls and the harness, gauges have some choices as boscoe said.

Controls have to be bought from a engine dealer last I know, bought mine in 2011. Looks like I paid about $1,200 for controls and harness.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          we are going to need a full model number.
          that motor was made in both DEC and mechanical controls.
          F300XCA/UCA is digitally con*****ed only. No mechnically con*****ed version of the 4.2L block with 300 HP.

Comment

Went by my Yammy dealer today, obviously they want to hear that I am purchasing 26k brand new engine from them. However I'm getting this bad boy for less than quarter of the price. Anyway I managed to get serial tag (please see pic). Hopefully you guys can help me out a little more. They tried to sell me the new square shaped display. I'm interested in the new style circular gauges due to the fact that my dash is already cut out for these type. Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit.
            Many thanks for all the info.
            Attached Files

Comment

How many holes in the dash need to be filled?

Here is one way that Yamaha offers to interface round gauges with your motor. You can see the controls, the harnesses and the key switch.

Last edited by boscoe99; 02-12-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Just two...tach and speed which are next to each other.

Comment

Hey guys. Is this a good deal?
                  http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...024435&alt=web

Comment

Originally posted by seaboyblue View Post
                    No more so than you can get it for from this website. Why not give your business to boats.net?

Here is a link to a lot of Command Link stuff that you might be interested in.

2006 and Later COMMAND_LI Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      No more so than you can get it for from this website. Why not give your business to boats.net?

Here is a link to a lot of Command Link stuff that you might be interested in.

2006 and Later COMMAND_LI Yamaha Outboard Parts
                      Thank you very much Boscoe. I will do just that! I appreciate all your input. My yammy dealer tried so hard to get me to purchase a $27k entire engine.
                      All i need now is a lower unit for this motor. Do you guys know where I can get a second hand refurbished gearcase?

Comment

Guys, I'm trying to check if this motor is a 25" or 30" shaft. How can i tell by the engine serial code?

Thanks

Comment

The X in the model designator tells us it has a 25 inch shaft length.

Comment

If you click on the red Purchase Yamaha Parts at the top of the page you get this ,
                            that has info on what the model # indicates

Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

the X in YOUR tag picture simply indicates country of origin.
                              the F300BET indicates its a non US market engine and your best bet is dealing with folks that are versed in NON US market stuff.
                              myself I cant help much as my knowledge of NON US market stuff is very limited.

Comment

Working...
                              X