Problem manually raising 115 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem manually raising 115 2 stroke

I having power issues with motor and trim. The motor is trimmed down and I would like to raise it. I released the pressure by turning the reset screw counter clockwise but the motor will only move a few inches. Something holding it back. I have the 3 ram type hydraulic system on this 2 stroke 115 yamaha. What am I missing??

Originally posted by louisiana lad View Post
    I having power issues with motor and trim. The motor is trimmed down and I would like to raise it. I released the pressure by turning the reset screw counter clockwise but the motor will only move a few inches. Something holding it back. I have the 3 ram type hydraulic system on this 2 stroke 115 yamaha. What am I missing??
    I assume you can't manually lift the engine to get to the T/T and therefore the screw doesn't seem to have released the hydraulics.
    I have a 1984 115 which is a pig lifting via the screw release but I have never bothered to find out why as it was a complete battery failure nothing to do with the T/T that necessitated manual lifting. This was a once off.

I'd screw the screw to both its limits and when fully in release position push up and down to release the valve which has probably become stuck sitting in the one position over a long period of time. Others may advise further.

Comment

Originally posted by louisiana lad View Post
      Its not a "re-set screw", it basically releases the hydraulics from working (similar to the valves leaking/no pressure)

To RELEASE PRESSURE, turn the screw COUNTER CLOCKWISE.

Normal, running position for that screw, is turned in, CLOCKWISE..

Once its all the way up, set the motor on the MANUAL FLIP LEVER. All rams should be extended, then fill the fill hole to the top. You may have to cycle it several times...

Try turning the screw in very snuggly, then hit the up switch. If working properly, it'll go up. If low on fluid, broke, it won't.

As noted above, release the screw and manually LIFT THE ENGINE, set on the mechanical bracket and check fluids, etc..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-11-2016, 08:17 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The hydraulics did release when I turned the screw counter clockwise. I will try and cycle the screw a few times. Thanks.

Comment

You might have gotten a little crap in there. And it doesn't take much (being slightly loose) to bleed down, not raise, etc...ESPECIALLY under power..
          Scott

Comment

Must have had some crap blocking the vent cause after cycling it several times finally got the motor to pick up, not an easy task. Thanks.

Comment

Tks for the update, safe boating!
              Scott

Comment

its simple really.

turn the release valve out about 2 turns.

get a few buddies or a trained gorilla and lift it.

try doing it on the F350.

Comment

Working...
                X