Yamaha Coils and finding them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Coils and finding them

Hi, I have a 2 stroke 25 hp 'Autolube' (that is the European name for the outboards which automaicaly add oil to the fuel at the carb), I don't know the year and have no engine number but I have a coil I need to replace. The number on the coil is CM61-31A 6L2-N0, I can't find this coil at all and I am wondering if there is any way to get the Part number for this coil and source one? My outboard is running fine in the tank, running fine at low speed on the boat but when it reaches a certain amount of load it starts losing power and running like a bag of bolts. Any help with finding this part and or any help with finding the fault would be greatly appreciated.

the odds of you needing an ign coil are slim.

that motor also has an RPM reduction feature that will trigger for low oil level or overtemp that will kick in about 1800 RPM and limit max rpm to about 2300 or so.

if RPM limit is on you should see a red LED on the front lower cowl,if the LED still works.

Comment

Have you confirmed the coil is actually failing, if so, how?

Has the engine sat for any length of time (more than a month) without fuel stabilizer?

You may want to try simply draining the carb(s) float bowl (one screw) into a nice clean can and look for any debris.

If you have (or can borrow an inductive timing light (clamps over the spark plug wire) and run the boat, watch the light, while under way, (with the help of a another driver) for any skips in the firing(flashes) while its acting up.

How do the spark plugs look? If old, replace...

If all passes, you may start at doing a leak down test and check the health of the internals of the engine itself...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

This is a link to a new coil
        COIL IGNITION 25 HP 2S YAMAHA CM61-31A - 6L2 - CASSE NAUTIQUE FRANCE

Comment

Working...
        X