No announcement yet.

Best Decarbonizing Procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people on the web say things different that what the manufactures say, who do you believe?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      If people on the web say things different that what the manufactures say, who do you believe?
      I have no idea. I had a marine mechanic do this for me once, and he used Sea Foam spray and let it sit about a half-hour before blowing it out, but he told me that letting it sit overnight would've been better if we could have done it.

Comment

Did you read what the can said to do?

Comment

one thing I can say on an overnight soak in combustion chamber cleaner with an f115 injector, the next morning the oring and damper fell off.
          never tried soaking the seal carrier orings or the crankshaft seals.

Comment

Using any stuff the way instructed is fraught with danger. As advised check what happens to plastics etc.
            To remove severe carbon, as suggested that within ports and exhaust chambers, spraying I would suggest simply won't do it. Soaking the relevant components in the stuff may be effective, and that means dismantelling then the heavy carbon would be carefully physically removed, then soaked.
            Carbon doesn't readily chemically react that is why old school carbon in exhaust systems is burnt out.
            So what I am saying is if the carbon build up is such that it clearly affecting running then like a surgeon would recommend "going in".
            If small carbon deposit suspected then the spraying "according to instruction written on the can must be carefully followed. From what I have seen and heard, the quicker it works the longer left in "side affects" may outweigh the remedy sought. Bit like miracle cure, often not.

Comment

What is RACORS?

Comment

Racor Fuel Filter/Water Separator

Racor 660R-RAC-01 Fuel Filter/Water Separator-660R-RAC-01 Racor - Star Marine Depot

Comment

Originally posted by cleddau1 View Post
                  What is RACORS?
                  A brand Water / fuel separator. You can see the clear bottom (below the actual filter) which if water is seen, there's a drain "screw" which you can drain off the water BEFORE it gets to the engine.

Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X