Need Command Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Command Link

I bought a used F150TXR 2006 and also bought a tach 6Y8-8350T-11 that has a single square 4 pin plug in the back. Which command link is needed?

Here is an illustration that depicts how to connect your tachometer to the motor.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Is this what you are asking about?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Here is an illustration that depicts how to connect your tachometer to the motor.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Is this what you are asking about?
      Sorry, I should have asked, "what's the part number?" Which I see is 6Y8-0E83R-61-00

Again, thanks so much.
      Last edited by Reel Kahuna; 02-01-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

6Y8-0E83R-61-00 is the part number for the single gauge round kit.

See this page. 2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

The part number for the tachometer itself is 6Y8-8350T-20-00. You have a -11-00 round tachometer which is an earlier version of what became the -20-00 that is in the present kit.

If you have the tachometer by itself you would not buy a kit for the installation of what you have.

Keep in mind I linked you to the Yamaha 2014 MRP catalog. The 2015 catalog has been removed. For now anyway.

Comment

I guess what I need is the stock number for wire that connects the motor to the tach.

Comment

It is more than just a harness from the motor to the tachometer. It is two harnesses of varying lengths (depends upon the boat size), a power supply/data harness, and some interface connectors.

See your dealer for the stuff that is highlighted in yellow.

Comment

I was able to talk to the seller who said he just used the wires from the 10pin harness from the motor to the binnacle. Dark Green and Yellow to the tach. Doesn't sound right, but is it?
              Last edited by Reel Kahuna; 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

The seller does not know what he is talking about.

There are four pins in the Command Link gauge.

Two are for electrical power (yellow = 12 volts/black = ground) and two are for the data (blue and white).

Power (yellow and black) comes from the key switch. The data (blue and white) comes from the connector on the motor in the case of a 2006 F150.

The data wires normally have a 120 ohm resistor at each end. You might get away with installing a 60 ohm resistor between the blue and white wires adjacent to the tachometer.

I showed you the Yamaha way of making the connection. There are other ways to skin the cat.

Comment

Okay, this is what I found. But no part numbers

Is this list correct?

Part Number: 6Y8-0E83R-61-00

Kit Includes:

Qty Description

2 Multi-Hub Assembly
                  1 Power Lead, 8 ft.
                  1 Cap, 2 Pin
                  4 Cap, 4 Pin
                  1 Pigtail Harness, Engine to Rear Hub, 9 ft.

Not needed
                  1 User Operation GuideT-20-00
                  1 Tachometer Assy.

Comment

Comment

Got it! Thanks again.

Comment

I've now bought the Pigtail Buss Harnesses and Main Bust with Power Lead so
                        it appears that I'll need to buy this entire assembly to complete my command link?

Or just the 4 pin connectors?

Comment

Kahuna, you are hard to hit given that you are a moving target.

There are many ways to connect a Command Link gauge to your motor. I showed you a way without using a hub assembly.

Now you appear to want to use a hub assembly. Here is a diagram showing how to make the connections.

Comment

Figure out what it is that you want to do first.

We can then go about determining the ways that it can be done.

Comment

Okay, I got the numbers wrong. The in-line hub part numbers I need is 6Y8-81920-11 not the 6Y8 81920-01 .

I'll stick with the original assembly you posted .

I'll need to get new Bi-focals for my 70 yr old eyes

Thanks, thanks, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X