Yamaha Enduro Differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Enduro Differences?

Every time I'm watching an Amazon Adventure or similar TV program all I see are Yamaha Enduro outboards....Just wondering what the main differences in the Enduro models and say, my very basic C90?....any of you experts know?:

The Enduro is more of a commercial model. A bit heavier duty. More robust. Simple but reliable.

The C series is more of a customer value model.

Comment

And all this time I thought the C stood for Commercial

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        And all this time I thought the C stood for Commercial
        It is a mistake made by many. Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          The Enduro is more of a commercial model. A bit heavier duty. More robust. Simple but reliable.

The C series is more of a customer value model.
          But any specific differences?....

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
            But any specific differences?....
            Yes.

Best one can do to try and determine differences is to look at an E48 and a C50 for 1998. The parts catalogs and the owner's manuals.

For instance:

One uses 50/1 gas to oil and the other uses 100/1.
            One has a choke and the other uses Primestart.
            One uses two carburetors for two cylinders and the other uses three carburetors for three cylinders.
            Enduro is stated as having more robust lower unit gears and bearings. And two seals in the lower unit.

Comment

C versus E trivia.

A C75 sold for about $700 more in 1998 than did the E75 but the present day value is just about the same. Looks like the E holds its value a tad better.

Comment

Thanks...I've rarely even seen an Enduro Yamaha outboard in person....seems they're always on TV in Borneo or Brazil or some out of the way place...but it speaks well of their toughness and dependability.....

Comment

Whenever I see a video of some Godforsaken place in the world there is usually a boat in the back ground with a Yamaha Enduro on the back.

I see they even offer a kerosene burning model. I would like to see that one up close and personal.

The article at this link talks a bit more about the Enduro.

Enduro - Consumer Products | YAMAHA MOTOR CO., LTD.

Comment

Good information there...seems quite a few internal differences including bearings, water pump, etc.....I'd love to see that diesel...must be a good bit of differences in that one!.... Can you buy that one in the USA?..

Comment

Whenever I see a video of some Godforsaken place in the world there is usually a boat in the back ground with a Yamaha Enduro on the back.
                      LOL something like that... Enduro models seems to be very popular on remote places.

Here 60 enduro was very popular and still is... used mainely for comercial use, very reliable but known as bit guzzlers.

Here still have have a good comercial value (used)

Here 2 strokes just are available up to 90HP and just for comercial use but I don´t see a new 2 strk YAMAHA for more than 10 years because on comercial use fuel consumption matters.

"By the way with the price of barrel of crude goin down my govermant saw a "good" chance of increase taxes over fuel" More 5 cents on each liter +/- 20 cents on a gallon since today

Besides 60 enduro we just had a few 40 enduro and couple 25 and 8 HP

Here is a vídeo of 2 75 enduro taking a bus on shore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvpZ...pJeaA&index=15

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
                        Good information there...seems quite a few internal differences including bearings, water pump, etc.....I'd love to see that diesel...must be a good bit of differences in that one!.... Can you buy that one in the USA?..
                        The literature says it has a carburetor. Don't think it is a diesel. Says it uses premix. Oil and kerosene. Not available in the USA.

Wish I knew more about how it works. Kerosene does not vaporize like gasoline does.

Mr. Almetelo has ways to get Yam data. Maybe he can get us a theory of operation.

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                          LOL something like that... Enduro models seems to be very popular on remote places.

Here 60 enduro was very popular and still is... used mainely for comercial use, very reliable but known as bit guzzlers.

Here 2 strokes just are available up to 90HP and just for comercial use but I don´t see a new 2 strk YAMAHA for more than 10 years because on comercial use fuel consumption matters.

"By the way with the price of barrel of crude goin down my govermant saw a "good" chance of increase taxes over fuel" More 5 cents on each liter +/- 20 cents on a gallon since today

Holy moly der Andy. Jumpin jehosafats. As Larry the Cable guy might say "git er done".

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post

The sorry state of Georgia, in which I unfortunately reside, saw sales tax revenue go down as the price of gasoline went down. So they told the sheeple here how they would go to a flat fee per gallon and that would benefit the people. Bottom line is our gasoline prices have not gone down at the rate that it would have gone down if no changes had been made. If and when it starts to climb again they will put different spin on the situation, bend us over, have their way with us, and tell us what a great fornicating partner we are. And we will believe them and vote the same barstards back into office again.

Comment

Mr. Almetelo has ways to get Yam data. Maybe he can get us a theory of operation.
                              [/URL]
                              Don´t know much of the diferences between a "regular" YAMAHA and a Enduro just that are simple as possible with less things to fail.
                              No precision blend, all tiller handle, just 115 have as an option PTT, electric start, remotes (sure all can be use with remotes).

Most share the block of other "regular" models and I guess there is no big diferences or none at all on that.

Robert can you imagine you motor pull start?

When motor is properly tuned heard is easy (more than the strength must be aptness) but if something goes wrong (good luck with arm of the guy trying to make it start)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHir...qfh6B-6C_pJeaA

I heard a motor like my F100 can be started with pull start.
                              Tried once... NO WAY!!! Not even half of a turn from the flywheel.

After all besides enduro being more simple seems to be as other regular YAMAHA like salt water series VS regular (not much diferences that I know)

Comment

Working...
                              X