power tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power tilt

my power tilt quit working while sitting at the dock, The 20 amp fuse blows when you try to use power tilt. It was working fine a week ago and whe I tried to lower the engine yesterday I got nothing. There is a snapping sound in the switch on the engine whe it is tried. Any suggestions?

revcap,
    Are you saying that when you try the t/t switch at the remote control, you hear the t/t switch on the motor making a "snapping" sound and the fuse blows ?
    If so, then sounds like one of the wires on the motor switch is grounded out. I would try disconnecting the (three) wires to the motor switch, and then try the t/t at the remote to see if that isolates the problem. The two switches are wired in "parallel". Each switch is a "single-pole-double-throw" type. The "throw" contacts are in parallel to the up and down relay coils, and the "pole" or wiper of each switch is wired to 12 volts.
    It could be that the t/t motor has developed a short - hopefully this is not the case.
    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken what is is the t/t switch on the motor shorted out and fried the t/t system solinoid whe it went. Boat is at the repair shop waiting on the part now. Going to miss Salmon fishing trhis weekend. Thanks for your help.
      Revcapitalist

Comment

Working...
      X