No announcement yet.

Oil Injection line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer the previous question, I got my new oil Lines today and they are very pliable. I have a feeling one of my lines cracked due to the age and being hard

Comment

What did you decide to go with?

Comment

I ordered OEM from Boats.net

Comment

Thanks for the feed back.

Comment

after ordering, I got an updated parts list as some of the parts on boats.net have been superseded by Yamaha and the lines may not be exactly the same length as what's coming off of it. Crappy part is to get to them replaced you have to take the oil tank loose, starter off and a couple of other things just to access the oil lines to replace them.

Comment

you think that's crappy?
              look up the procedure to replace the knock sensor on a fourstroke 4.2L

then ask me how to do it .

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                you think that's crappy?
                look up the procedure to replace the knock sensor on a fourstroke 4.2L

then ask me how to do it .
                Just follow the specific Yamaha procedure that describes how to remove and replace the sensor, with words and pictures. Oh, there isn't a procedure.

Damn thing screws from the inside towards the outside. What in the hell were they thinking? Oh, they weren't.

Maintainability is not a concern of design anganeers.

Have you ever had a knock sensor actually fail? They should be super reliable but...

Comment

Zman, were the OEM lines you purchased formed/shaped or were they just regular straight lines cut to length?
                  1991 Kingfisher 179. Yamaha ProV 150, P150TLRP,Ser#352453, code 6J9L, eng#038614. prop-SS. 25-M.

Comment

Working...
                  X