No announcement yet.

The Future of Yamaha Outboards Technically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much truth as stated above , especially about the DFI and electronics, however , I believe the youth today is the worst in history, not the best. My observations are that the majority has a terrible work ethic, not good on respect , manors, and have a gimme attitude. Electronically smarter , not electrically, and exhibit more laziness. Cant blame them however , the education system is graduating kids in HS and college unable to pass a Mc Donalds math test.??When you get out of the cities, however they do get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautical View Post
      Much truth as stated above , especially about the DFI and electronics, however , I believe the youth today is the worst in history, not the best. My observations are that the majority has a terrible work ethic, not good on respect , manors, and have a gimme attitude. Electronically smarter , not electrically, and exhibit more laziness. Cant blame them however , the education system is graduating kids in HS and college unable to pass a Mc Donalds math test.??When you get out of the cities, however they do get better.
      I can't disagree with you but I wonder if the people ahead of me (an old dog now) did not think the same thing about me. I hope not but... First real meeting I ever went to my boss told me before hand to not say a word. Remain quiet and take lots of notes. After the meeting was the time to ask him questions. Kids today are so full of confidence they want to run the meetings. They all think they will be vice presidents in six months time.

Went to Home Depot yesterday to try and get a key blank cut. The new kind referred to as Laser cut. Why that term is beyond me. Some kid must have coined the name. Anyway, the kid in charge of the key section was lost. After speaking different languages for a few minutes he tried to tell me that if he could cut the key (he could not) it would not work because of the chip in it. I tried to explain to him how a third key can be programmed by the car using two good keys but he just had a blank look on his face. I could tell there was no communication going on. He just wanted to be rid of me so he could get back to putting stuff on shelves.

Comment

Stage to brag

Nautical - Thanks for the stage to brag and please don't take this as a rebuke, but you haven't met my boys.

My high school junior carries a 4.8 GPA on a 4.5 scale (AP classes get a boost). In addition to helping younger students with homework and test preparation through his charter school's Squires Mentoring group, he sings with the Kennett Symphany Childrens Choir, acts on stage and participated in a $12M public service announcement program.

My college freshman paid half of his $50K/yr private school bill with scholarships. His AP courses helped him place fifth In his class, walk away from commecement with the school's science award and satisfied all liberal arts electives to the tune of $20K. No only did he make Dean's Iist, his first class intrigued him so much he decided to pursue Sociology as a double major with his current Bio-Chemistry curriculum. He started the above Squires Mentoring.

You can't find either of my boys flipping burgers or cutting keys for minimum wage. I told them not to take an after school job because it will cost me money. They do exactly what I ask, which is put themselves in a position to make choices. Otherwise, somone will choose for them and they won't like what they pick.

On the one nice day here in the OBX, the boys contently stayed on the hard while our tlr and I
        enjoyed a beautiful afternoon in Pamlico Sound.
        Last edited by throrope; 01-02-2016, 11:17 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Working...
        X