Overheat Alarm not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheat Alarm not working

How do I check if the overheat alarm is working on my 2000 Yahama 130 2 stroke? If it's not working how do I reconnect it?

turn the key on engine off.
    unplug a pink temp switch wire.
    ground the harness side of that disconnected bullet and the alarm should sound.

Comment

And don't be impatient. On some Yams there may be a delay between the time the thermoswitch closes and the alarm sounds. It might not sound right away. I would wait a minute to see if the alarm sounds, if it does not sound right away.

Now the alarm system may be working correctly but it is always possible that the thermoswitch is not closing when it is supposed to. There is a check in the service manual that covers testing the thermoswitch.

Another check for some Yams is to pull the kill switch and then crank the motor. The motor will not start. However, in some Yams the buzzer will sound.

Do you think that you have a problem or is this just a general question? Some folks are just wanting to hear their buzzer sound, some want to see if the over temp system is working and then some want to see if the over temp system is sounding the buzzer at the correct point.

Put it in the basket chief. Hmmm. Juicy fruit.

Comment

It now works

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        And don't be impatient. On some Yams there may be a delay between the time the thermoswitch closes and the alarm sounds. It might not sound right away. I would wait a minute to see if the alarm sounds, if it does not sound right away.

Now the alarm system may be working correctly but it is always possible that the thermoswitch is not closing when it is supposed to. There is a check in the service manual that covers testing the thermoswitch.

Another check for some Yams is to pull the kill switch and then crank the motor. The motor will not start. However, in some Yams the buzzer will sound.

Do you think that you have a problem or is this just a general question? Some folks are just wanting to hear their buzzer sound, some want to see if the over temp system is working and then some want to see if the over temp system is sounding the buzzer at the correct point.

Put it in the basket chief. Hmmm. Juicy fruit.
        I tried your suggestions and now the alarm works. Thanks!!

Comment

remember
          single engine Yamaha.
          NO alarm self test at key on.
          its just how they did it.

Comment

Working...
          X