2014 F300XCA - Error Code 126 - Throttle Position Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 F300XCA - Error Code 126 - Throttle Position Sensor

Recently bought a 296 Cobia w/Twin 2014 Yamaha F300 XCA's. Engines only have about 325 hours. All the 100 hour maintenance service (and much more) was recently performed on both engines before running last weekend. Engines ran great for the first 1/2 hour or so. But then got a "check engine" alert on the 6Y9 multi-function display for the port motor as I was easing back on the throttles. The port engine went into safe mode by not allowing it to rev over certain RPMs. Also noticed at idle it was running at higher RPMs by about 200 than the starboard engine. So I shut everything down and turned off the ignition key for a minute. Then turned ignition key back on and the check engine warning light had cleared. Started both engines (push button) and they ran great again for awhile. But the check engine alert went off again when throttling back and keeps doing so intermittently requiring everything be shut off and then restarted. After figuring out how to look up the error code on the 6Y9 command link multi-function display, trouble code 126 / Throttle Position Sensor shows up for the port engine. Attached are pics of the alerts. One person suggested I disconnect and reconnect the connection several times to determine if it’s simply and connection issue. Another mechanic said it is part of the Throttle Body Assembly and suggested I swap it out on to the starboard engine to see if the error code shows up on that engine. Can anyone else advise what the likely problem is and where the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is located on the 2014 F300 XCA and how to test it? Is it an integrated part of the Throttle Body Assembly, or can the TPS be replaced separately if it’s determined to be defective? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The TPS is an integral part of the electronic throttle body. Whole unit is replaced if the TPS side is defective.

Comment

The service manual has a procedure to test the TPS.

Comment

Working...
      X