Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 part

Hi!

Have 2 wiring Harness for my F40 and on one of the Harness have a part between the pulser coil / cranck position sensor and the other donīt.
    One of the Harness is from a 2001 motor (the one that have this part) the other from a 2003.

Motor works good with or without it.

Canīt find this part on Yamaha or Mercury Service Manual not even on the manual parts (that I can see) but definitively is from a F30/F40 as part show "67C-00"

Searched for other years model and found nothing.

What is this thing and what is suposed to do?

Just curious.

I will guess that it is a diode assembly. Test it to see if it will allow current to flow in one direction and not the other. Or test it to see if there is about a .7 volt drop though it.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

my guess is a blocking diode as well.
      why the CPS would need one? I dunno.

it does not show up on either harness diagrams.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe and rodbolt!

I'll check that and see what my multimeter show

Comment

Merry New Year.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe!

For you and yours all the best for 2016.

Same to all of you guys!

Besides the usually wishes I hope we can do boating free of issues (not for your costumers Rodbolt ) and that the price of gas keep going down so we (me) can do more hours of naviagation.

I'm happy with the fuel consumption of my F100 but this F40 is excelente!!!

4 people on board of my skiff crusing at about 3800 rpm fuel consumption is +/- 5.5L/H (1.45Gal/H) very good!!!

Comment

What are the fuel prices down there right now?
              where I live in Texas it is $1.59 @ gal for regular 87 octane E fuel. Get a little more off if using certain credit cards

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                What are the fuel prices down there right now?
                where I live in Texas it is $1.59 @ gal for regular 87 octane E fuel. Get a little more off if using certain credit cards
                You are a cruel, cruel man.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  You are a cruel, cruel man.
                  you're right Boscoe! No ofence YAM of course!

Here the lowest price of gas today on my city is 1.28€ for a Liter!!! (+/- 1/4 of a gallon) 95 octane (we just have 95 and 98 octane fuel) 98 octane gas is +/- 10 cents more expensive than 95.

No E fuel that I know but this 1.28€/L is on a "low cost gas station" as the gas is without any (what they call) addictives because for regular ( or what used to be regular, I mean with additions of something) the gas is 10 cents more expensive.

Today on low cost gas station:

95 octane 1.28€/L
                  98 octane 1.37€/L
                  Diesel 0.97€/L

"regular" gas station

95 1.34€/L
                  98 1.44€/L
                  Diesel 1.07€/L

and we still have the others even with more additions to fuel that is even more expensive!

So we have 3 types of 95/98 octane gas and diesel so we have 3 diferente prices.

Some studies say no significant diference on the gas / diesel types.
                  Other say yes... that with the expensive fuel cars can make more Km's with same liters of fuel and that can cause less problems for the motors.

I really donīt know... if the low cost fuel can cause more problems to the motos must be in a long, long term (just my thought)

I just had some care with fuel for my bike but latelly none at all (I refuel with the cheapest as I donīt notice any diference)

So YAM I would be happy if had that price of fuel in TX in here!!!

More than a half of the price of fuel in here are taxes.

Comment

I am in Georgia (the state not the country) and wish I had Yams gasoline prices as well. Lowest I have seen is $1.83 per US gallon.

My brother in law from Denmark says "they are giving gasoline away" whenever he is here from Denmark and fills up his rental car.

Comment

1h of boating on my F40 (crusing at about 3800rpmīs / 17kts) in here costs 7.04€ while in TX costs $2.30

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                        1h of boating on my F40 (crusing at about 3800rpmīs / 17kts) in here costs 7.04€ while in TX costs $2.30
                        Yes, but you get free health care and a pension when you are too old to go boating.

Comment

Yes, canīt deny that... but doesnīt mean is the desirable (compared with other EU countries)

We are country that instead of produce wealth/richness we produce rich people (a few of course but much more than its suposed if is suposed)

And I could write a LOT more about that but is not the purpose of this forum /thread.

Heard today the barrel of crude can lower uo to $20 (I hope so as we donīt have it for sale, just to buy)

Comment

Back in 1970 or 71 I was purchasing regular gas at 18 cents a gallon in Waco Texas. I believe the tax was 5 cents@ gallon, not sure what it is today. But I am sure it is 50 cents or better.
                            Could fill up my 1964 Ford galexie 500 and get change back from a $5 bill.
                            We ran lots of back roads just exploring the area burning up the gas and looking around. got lost a few times hoping not to run out of gas before he found a town & gas station. that 352 CID motor did not get good milage
                            The good old days.

I never thought we would ever see gas below $2 @ gallon again. But I am not complaining.

If they are still making money off of the prices now a days for oil and gas there was no reason for them to be charging what they were just a few years ago. That should be looked into. Some have gotten very rich

Comment

The air lines are getting rich right now. One of their biggest, if not the biggest, cost is for fuel. Fuel prices for the air lines have plummeted.

I don't see the fares having gone down one penny.

After all the years of their having said the reason for high fares is due to high prices for Jet A.

I long for the days of government regulation of the air lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X