Yamaha 150hp prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 150hp prop

I could use some help!!! I have a 2001 150 yam. 2stroke that I want to put a stainless propeller on. My current prop has no markings that I can see so I don't know what size it is. I use the boat to ***** ( 2 to 3 mph) and run around the Bay, is there a certain size prop I should go with ??

Thanks !

This should get you started:

Yamaha.net

And another link:

Outboard Performance, Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Remove prop and check on the the forward surface for pitch and diameter markings....

Comment

Originally posted by Towboat1 View Post
        I could use some help!!! I have a 2001 150 yam. 2stroke that I want to put a stainless propeller on. My current prop has no markings that I can see so I don't know what size it is. I use the boat to ***** ( 2 to 3 mph) and run around the Bay, is there a certain size prop I should go with ??

Thanks !
        Always prop to where you can hit the upper RPM range for the motor at WOT with the load you will be running so you will not be lugging the motor.
        Also if you do a lot of *****ing in cold water or even any conditions Yamaha recommends you run the motor up afterwards to get the motor up in temperature to cook off any fuel or condensation out that has built up in the oil

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I've pulled the prop off my engine and cleaned it up to try and find some markings and there are none . I found a website that shows how to measure for size and pitch, I'll try that tonight . I think the boat has always run great and can be kept at a lower speed when necessary for *****ing. Top speed with average crew is 32mph at 4400rpm's and that's not WOT . I don't know what Yamaha recommends for high end RPM's on this motor so I don't push it!!!!

Thanks Again !

Comment

We might be able to offer some better guesses as to what you have if you can provide some information about the propeller.

- Is it aluminum or steel?
            - If steel, is it painted or polished?
            - What is the diameter of the propeller? Measure from the center of the propeller out to the tip of a blade. Then double the number that you get.

It is quite possible that you don't have a Yamaha branded propeller on the motor. Big motors don't come with propellers. Dealers and/or boat builders choose the propeller and some use Mercury or other propellers. And then even if the motor came with a Yam brand it might have been replaced some where along the way.

The size and type of boat that you have would also be helpful.

Also, why do you want to switch to steel, assuming that what you have is aluminum? What is your objective?

Comment

Working...
            X