Torque specs 2005 Yamaha 2stroke 50hp tlrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque specs 2005 Yamaha 2stroke 50hp tlrd

Going back together with intake manifold plate and three carbs looking to find the torque procedures on those parts

What does the manual say?

Comment

If I knew that I would not b asking

Comment

torque.jpg You can just use general torque specs... Myself I would just tighten them up.

Comment

Thank u I usually do that but been noticing that there is a issue with those intake manifolds breaking on middle cylinder by the oiler just thought maybe had to do with torque or maybe it’s just a poor design and it a heat issue not sure ….. would u have the answer as to why they break there ?

Comment

here is what a 1997 service manual says, but I have no idea if it would be for your 2005.
            you really need to get a service manual for your motor

IMG_20240209_124339862.jpg

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Journagan View Post
              Thank u I usually do that but been noticing that there is a issue with those intake manifolds breaking on middle cylinder by the oiler just thought maybe had to do with torque or maybe it’s just a poor design and it a heat issue not sure ….. would u have the answer as to why they break there ?
              Sorry I do not know anything about those plates cracking. I would like to see a picture of a broken one though. If the crack has originated from the oiler hole perhaps look at the edges of that hole and see if they are sharp. Smooth any sharp edges around that area to get rid of stress risers.

Share a picture if you can.

Comment

Pan,

What are your thoughts as to all four bolts being left out upon the reinstallation of the Boeing door opening plug? By a Boeing employee reportedly. Could have been more disastrous if the plug had departed at a higher altitude.

Sad to me seeing what Boeing has become.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Pan,

What are your thoughts as to all four bolts being left out upon the reinstallation of the Boeing door opening plug? By a Boeing employee reportedly. Could have been more disastrous if the plug had departed at a higher altitude.

Sad to me seeing what Boeing has become.
                  Never done the paper work...simple as that. Had to fix some crappy looking rivets they found on recieving inspection from Spirit that required them to open the door to gain access. There was paper work for that..but can't find any paper work for removing the door and putting it back on.

One of the guys working on it texted a picture of door closed to the guy on the next shift who was going to finish the job...but the lock bolts were not installed. There should have been flag tape tied to the door with the bolts in a parts bag tied to the door as well. Where are the bolts now?

So many things went wrong here its unbelievable. You can have the best quality program in place but humans will find a way around it...never fails.

Luckily no one got killed. Boeing is trying to build to many airplanes in too short of time and this is the results when everyone is in a hurry...

Comment

Working...
                  X