Changing oil pipes on 94 P115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing oil pipes on 94 P115

I undertook to change the oil pipes, oil hoses on the engine oil pump to carb.

Some observations:

- the Boats.net parts diagram calls for a hose 90445-07M02-00, but I received a 90445-07MA3, it is the same part but updated. This part is 8" long, and so it is better just to buy the hose #90445-07M89-00 which is 15.5" long(which again Boats.net has as 90445-07M89-00 on the diagram and they shipped as 90445-07M90). In other words, one should order 4 pieces of this longer hose, instead of ordering three different numbers. Very nice hose material, it has a thin gray jacket and all black rubber inside.

- the hoses that go from the check valves to the carb are all the same part number, they are an opaque clear thick hose, very nice material, soft and flexible, yet strong. #90446-07M87-00 on Boats.net Diagram, but again they sent 90446-07M48 which must be the replacement p/n. I highly recommend this hose.

- I could not get the #1 oil pipe clip off without removing the oil pump. I also removed the carb (I'm rebuilding them), and for work room removed - the starter and all the electricals attached to it, the oil pump control unit, and the oil tank.

- good thing I removed the oil pump because there is no way I could have gotten the hoses on the oil pump barbs, they really go on tight.

- the clips that hold the pipes/hoses cost $3.60 each (you need 15 pcs), so I will reuse them, except for three that are in bad shape. Going to a lawnmower place to see if they have any that size, so I can finish the job and I'll use them in the location where I can most easily replace them. The hoses are really tight against the barbs, so I don't see that the clips will have much to do. I had a hard time cutting off all the old hoses!, not a one would come out without cutting and a lot of effort.

- I didn't have a mighty vac to do the pressure test on the check valves, so I blew compressor air through it at under 20psi and indirectly. it blew one way and not other. The blowing against the valve flow direction was done even more indirectly so as not to brake anything. All were good

More to come
    Last edited by KlinkSanford; 12-17-2015, 01:36 PM.
    1993 Mako 161 Flats, 1994 P115TLRS

Finished the job, lost a lot of time figuring how to route the lines behind the starter and the oil pump control unit and oil tank, but with the service manual and trial and error I got it right.

The parts diagram calls for four of the clear hoses 90446-07M48 , one hose per cylinder, but you only need two. If you buy two units of 90446-07M48 you'll end up with 13 inches left over!

For the three missing clips, the size is too small for the lawnmower dealers and Ace Hardware. I had one new clip I bought previously, and used two zip ties for two clips I had missing, putting them on two check valves.
    Last edited by KlinkSanford; 12-19-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KlinkSanford View Post

The parts diagram calls for four of the clear hoses 90446-07M48 , one hose per cylinder, but you only need two. If you buy two units of 90446-07M48 you'll end up with 13 inches left over!
      Correction, I found another leftover 4", so, you can get by with just buying one of the clear hose 90446-07M48 and cutting into the four pieces needed.
      Last edited by KlinkSanford; 12-22-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X