Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F60 NMEA connection

Hi gents,

I am absolutely pulling my hair out have ordered the engine interface cable and the nmea starter kit to connect to my Yamaha F60 and Lowrance however thought I better go check and see if it’s the same connection, I think I found where it should plug in but the plug seems to be different it’s a three pin plug and had a blanking plug there looks as if that’s where the engine data has been recieved by the marine place that serviced it, I have print outs of oil temp engine hrs etc etc so I believe it should be able to be connected and it is also a 2006 model which from what I’ve read is when you can connect however the plug connection is confusing me I’ve either found the wrong plug to plug into or it is the wrong NMEA plug I’ve attached photos of the plug I’m talking about thinking if this is the right plug I could use the blanking plug with the new interface cable to connect into it however unsure if this is even the right plug

Connector shown is the YDIS connector. Not the Command Link connector.

CL connector is bright white. Four pin with but two wires. One blue. One white. Usually down in the lower cowling. Up near the front.

Comment

I’m thinking I must have just missed out on the connector as I’ve looked at the motor for about 2 hrs and I can not find it anywhere is there anyway to find out if it is or isn’t nmea compatible the guy I bought it from was told it was but I can not find the plug for the life of me

Comment

What is the complete engine serial number?

Comment

Comment

Aha! A non US model motor.

US models got Command Link in 2006. European models got Command Link at a later time. ~2007.

Take a look at the markings on your ECU. If it is marked -20 it is not CL compatible. Should be no CL connector. If it is marked -21 then it is CL compatible. In which case the connector should be there.

Comment

Where the connector should be if your model has one.

Comment

Comment

Thanks heaps for your help mate so far very much appreciated

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry for the influx of photos, is this it after further looking it was connected to the alarms on the tiller arm and Definetly looks close but not white and different cable colour coming in? If it’s not that it doesn’t exist haha

Comment

Originally posted by jake.baillie@hotmail.com View Post
                            is this it after further looking it was connected to the alarms on the tiller arm and
                            No, that is the "Trim & Oil" Plug, connected to the "Trim & Oil harness", it is for your analog gauge.

The Command Link plug looks like this - perhaps with some bright yellow tape on the wire jacket

There should also nearby be these (which you won't use since you already have analog trim gauge)

Comment

And on the side of the engine, two short harnesses with capped-off ends,
                              one with a "S" label, one with a "W" label.

If you have none of those four connectors pictured,
                              then it would appear someone has swapped a newer Command Link capable ECM
                              onto an engine with a pre-CL wiring harness

Comment

Working...
                              X