Warning Buzzer At High Rpm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still buzzing ...

so... some further development....the buzzer will come on at higher rpm's, but it come on and goes off at the roll of the sea...so when the boat goes up or down it the buzzer will sound with the pattern of the waves.....I know ...weird...any ideas???

Also each key switch has a separate buzzer tone....but the tone of the warning buzzer is a higher pitch....are there 3 different noisemakers ...or just the two behind the key switches....Thank you all in advance

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      on the F225 the oil pressure sensor is a sensor.
      it has a 5V reference and a ground with a voltage "pick off" to tell the ECU what the pressure is electronically.

the ECU is also looking at RPM.
      the ECU is "mapped" so that at a given RPM the OPS voltage should be X value.
      if the value is higher OR lower than the RPM map then the buzzer is set and RPM reduction should occur if above about 2500 RPM.
      for temp the F225 uses two switch's AND a coolent temp sensor.

if either temp SWITCH closes the buzzer will sound,after a delay, if the CTS agrees with the closed switch you get RPM reduction and a visual indicate.
      I don't design this stuff I just have to know how it works so I can fix it when its broke.
      incorrect battery voltage,water in the fuel(if equipped) low or high oil pressure,over temp can all set the buzzer on that motor.

as you have been told before hook it up to YDS and run it until it alarms to see what it is seeing out of spec

Comment

yeah ...i tried that ....mechanic said it showed no code......guess ill try a different mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by Res2que@ View Post
          I have the guages ...but there was no indication on them.....motors did not go into safe mode
          ....They ran perfect...other than the buzzer
          Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Are you absolutely, positively, 100% sure that it was the buzzer that you heard?
          Originally posted by Res2que@ View Post
          so... some further development....the buzzer will come on at higher rpm's, but it come on and goes off at the roll of the sea...so when the boat goes up or down it the buzzer will sound with the pattern of the waves.....I know ...weird...any ideas???

Also each key switch has a separate buzzer tone....but the tone of the warning buzzer is a higher pitch....
          Boats >26' are required to have a "bilge high water alarm"

Do you know what yours sounds like?

Comment

Working...
          X