No announcement yet.

White smoke at high revs F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=rodbolt17;113692]OR Baja may be like me, sometimes what I read,what my likker fuel fingers type and what I mean are different.

Yes, even giving liberal allowance for the above, he went too far on his rant at me under another thread. Still awaiting some sort of apology?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      OR Baja may be like me, sometimes what I read,what my likker fuel fingers type and what I mean are different.

I do agree that the 4 stroke tech was a tad rushed for the US market.

I have seen 2 stroke 150 that ran 5000+ hours without a failure.

I still service 20+yr old 3.1L 2 strokes.

like I said before, I aint the maytag man.
      Boscoe, with all the vehicles, motorcycles. Chainsaws , lawnmowers and boat engines that I have personally owned, did I ever have a fuel problem as you described .
      Yes issues involving fuel, like leaking taps, needle and seats etc. but also with starting of engines with high octane requirement (wetting of plugs through fuel having the volitile components evaporating).

Comment

no apology expected, heck I even got banned from a site I posted on for years cause I would not apologize for calling a moderator a BOOB.
        he was and is.
        its just how life is.
        he posted some info that was simply wrong.
        I PM'd him to take it down, he would not I posted, got banned. that's why I post here and not there now. .
        just cause you heard it from an uncles ex wifes husband who's stepson fixed a tractor once does not make it fact.

sometimes I tend to get a bit sharp, I try not to.
        I will do it to your face at the shop if your not carefull .
        its how I get sometimes when someone asks a question, I answer it and they answer back with some stupid stuff.

I sometimes think I have been doing this work to long.
        I am 54 now and have done this type of work since I was 15.

I probably have more class room time than most Dr's dentists or lawyers.

Comment

I wonder, if the 4 stroke was shoved down our throats, and this ethanol was shoved down our throats who is the bigger culprit..If we can say fuel is the cause of 90% of the problems then both motors are at risk. Assuming gas was perfect than both designs would nearly be bulletproof .. But one has to realize that a four stroke has so many more parts .. and thats where Murphys Law takes over. The quietness of the 4 stroke , or the power of a 2 stroke? At my age I like the quiet ???

Comment

On those very cold days, my F150 used to blow white smoke and I compared it to a car when first started on cold days until the motor warmed up. .

Comment

EPA mandates shut down the conventional 2 strokes that we all knew and loved.

the federal gvt and subsidy money gave us E fuels and tripled food costs.

two strokes did and do suffer from fuel issues.
              two strokes tend to detonate pistons faster when run with fuel issues.
              2 strokes tend to burn pistons faster with degraded cooling systems.

4 strokes tend to suffer corrosion issues and fuel systems are a bit more delicate than most two strokes.

I will guarrrraaauuunnnteeeee, take the subsidy money away from the Ethanol plants and make E fuel stand alone in a capitalist market and you will see 1 of 2 things.
              1 15 dollar a gallon gas OR 2 no more E fuels.
              I vote we eliminate ALL E fuel subsidies

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                EPA mandates shut down the conventional 2 strokes that we all knew and loved.

the federal gvt and subsidy money gave us E fuels and tripled food costs.

two strokes did and do suffer from fuel issues.
                two strokes tend to detonate pistons faster when run with fuel issues.
                2 strokes tend to burn pistons faster with degraded cooling systems.

4 strokes tend to suffer corrosion issues and fuel systems are a bit more delicate than most two strokes.

I will guarrrraaauuunnnteeeee, take the subsidy money away from the Ethanol plants and make E fuel stand alone in a capitalist market and you will see 1 of 2 things.
                1 15 dollar a gallon gas OR 2 no more E fuels.
                I vote we eliminate ALL E fuel subsidies
                Well, we all know that ain't gonna happen. Politicians have too many hands in the pockets of too many lobbyists. Multimillion dollar corn farmers would have to stop taking so many vacations to foreign destinations in their corporate jets. Which don't use ethanol by the way.

In the realm of dreaming about stuff that might never happen, I vote for an outboard four stroke fuel system that is similar or identical to an automotive fuel system. One pump, in the tank. One filter between the pump outlet and the fuel injector rail. One fuel pressure regulator at the fuel injector rail. No more multiple pumps. No more VST's. No more fuel coolers. No more pressure relief valves and bypass hoses. No more vapor recovery systems on the motor.

Motors will be simpler, will be lighter, should be cheaper, and less prone to fuel system problems. Downside is less money for the mechanics.

Comment

that would be a lawyers dream. pressurized fuel rails in the hull.
                  now we would still have an electric pump in the tank,most hull manufactures would glass over that and provide no access.
                  or place the access hatch just far enough off center to require cutting up the deck.

I worked on a master craft with a PCM GM 5.7 MPI motor not long ago, wanna guess where the fuel pump was?
                  wanna guess what failed.
                  at least you could remove the deck panel to access the TANK mounted fuel pump.

I aint da may tag man

Comment

Small family type farms are all but gone..The big corporations are buying up all the farms or they are running them on a percentage factor to the owner. Outboard engine manufacturers don't want to deal with fuel pumps and gas tanks that someone else owns. That's why they put their own gas tank inside the cowling ..(VST).
                    Outboards are designed to be self contained and marketable for a lot of different boats and warranties would get problematic.GM, Ford etc owns the whole anchilotta.

Comment

Hello all. A Google search brought me here as one of my motors has the exact to a T symptom. I noticed it one time 2 years ago and thought I was crazy and it did the same thing a couple days ago, several times. I see the OP never got an answer and if anyone want to tell me that I should have bought 2 strokes, no disrespect but please spare me. Would really appreciate some help.
                      Motors are 2005, build date of 12-2004, 1700ish hours and have been bullet proof to this point never a major failure or warranty claim. They have not had the exhaust updates but have been scoped and have some corrosion. I am getting the exhausts done at the end of the season. God willing I am hoping for another 5 years out of These guys. Again only over 5300 rpm with a 300 rpm drop and trail of smoke on the water. Since the first time 2 years ago the boat has hundreds of sustained miles over that rpm and never until this weekend has it done it again. Any useful info would be appreciated. OP if you figured out he problem, please advise! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Duce, it would be best to start your own new thread instead of posting on someone elses old thread.
                        Inclused complete model #s and all other info needed

Comment

Roger that I will do so.

Comment

Working...
                          X