Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tilt trim crashed

Hi All,

I took out my boat after six months of non-operation and wanted to check everything before taking it to the lake, the power trim did not work. It worked fine before. The trim motor did not rotate while it was on the unit but when I took it out it work fine. The motor worked fine in both directions out of the unit with a 12 V battery.
    I also noticed that the filter underneath the motor was broken. The connector shaft on the gear pump assembly rotates but it has resistance. Does anybody know how to rebuild or check the gear pump assembly or what the problem could be. Thanks a lot for your help.

If you are sure the motor is good then if you know nothing about the PT&T unit I would recommend taking it to a shop that does or find a different one.
    But make sure before going that far
    Last edited by 99yam40; 11-28-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Do you know how to take out the unit? Do I have to move the engine bracket unit? I unbolted the unit but it got stock behind the brackets. what What kind of business line should I look for to find a re-builder? Thanks

Comment

before you go that far are you sure your T&T relay or some other electrical problem was not the cause of the T&T not working ?

Comment

your ptt solenoid is gone replace it and your ptt will work again
          some times the electrical components tends to fail when left unused for a while which is your case

Comment

Working...
          X