OX 66 250hp block.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX 66 250hp block.

Is the block on this engine similar to the one on my carburated vx 250hp?

Yes. Lots of similarities.

Both are made of aluminum. Both have six holes and use six pistons. Both have a crank shaft. Both have cylinder heads. Two them.

Anything else that I can help with?

You are welcome.

Comment

Hehe you may think im pretty stupid

But thanks anyway

Comment

I am really thinking you did not provide enough information for anyone to go on.

There are many different OX66 models and many different VX250 models.

This would be somewhat like me asking for the similarities between a Ford Fusion and a Ford Pinto.

Comment

Im asking to get smarter!!!..Dont worry,i will make it run like hell.

Just finished my 1993 115 as i bought i boxes 3 months ago,it looks and runs sweeeet!!

Comment

What you can do is to take the specific model identity for each motor and look it up in the Yamaha parts catalog. Open the catalog twice, once for each model.

Then compare each illustration against each other. Make a note of the parts that are common and the parts that are different, by part number. You will then have a commonality list and a differences list.

In this way you will be able to tell exactly what parts are one and the same and which ones are not.

And by the way, I don't think there is any such thing as a carburetted VX250. The X denotes that is an OX66 version. OX66 meaning electronic fuel injection.

Comment

I know,but i dont got any of the numbers yet...The VX got shot by the Spanish police and needs a new block,there are one for sale from a OX,thats was why i asked...I have seen that before,but mine is a carburated VX and all other VX i see are carburated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danishboater View Post
                I know,but i dont got any of the numbers yet...The VX got shot by the Spanish police and needs a new block,there are one for sale from a OX,thats was why i asked...I have seen that before,but mine is a carburated VX and all other VX i see are carburated!!!
                What is the complete engine ID for your model? Begins with a 6. Actually, just the first three characters will do.

A V indicates a Vmax carburetor. A VX indicates a Vmax OX66. Lack of a letter indicates a carburetor but not a Vmax.

Comment

no
                  you DO NOT have a carbed VX.

may say Vx76 on the hood but NOT the model number.

I do have a repairable VX250txrz block.
                  just needs to be bored.
                  the block is the updated version.

the VX76 on the hood stood for V engine abd cross flow and a 76* bank angle.

was 6 yrs or so before EFI OX 66.

Comment

It is 61A....What is the update and what are you asking for it Rodbolt??

Comment

if you need a good rebuildable block the model we have is sx250txrz.
                      during the mid year run in 2003 Yamaha changed the way the O2 sensor housing mounts.
                      I replaced the power head about 2007.

it blew up over a stupidly simple mistake.

the tech that did the routine VST maint forgot to reattach the OIL line.

I have not separated the crankcase and it aint gonna happen.

cyl will need boring,most likely the crank and rods are scrap.

once the insurance company is done with it it will sell at or slightly above scrap iron price.

Comment

Working...
                      X